Starting 110 CSW - power no turnover

Hi,

Problem. We have Battery power to the solenoid Lights do not dip with ignition turning on. There is plenty of power from the battery to all parts. The AA man mentions that the relays seem fine, and battery/starting motor looks ok too, he also mentioned that the soleniod looks ok too.

There is no clicking on the solenoide or starting motor.

When turning ignition on the coil light goes off after 2-3 seconds. The Battery light and oil light looks ok too.

The only thing I can see when powering up is that the radio light goes week.

To turn the engine over we have to start the engine via a small wire over the soleniod points.

The ingition lead looks ok and there is constant power to the soleniod, ignition wire.

I have checked the relays and the fuses.

Is there a fuse diagram or a fuse plug I am missing ? Is there a plug for the seating belt imobiliser, I can see no leads.

Please email me if you can help

Regards

Matt

Question why is my car not turning over

Reply to
matt

If read your description right, it shounds like the small lead to the solenoid has come off. It's under the turbo and a bugger to get at (and a bit painful if the turbo is hot!).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Reply to
Dave Piggin

On or around Tue, 6 Sep 2005 07:39:24 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

sometimes get similar symptoms from stuck non-contacting brushes in the starter motor. Cured, of course, by hitting it with a hammer...

the pre-engaged type starters tend to earth the solenoid through the motor, I know not why, and as a result, if the brushes aren't contacting in the motor, the solenoid won't engage.

oh, and the proper cure is to take the motor out, strip the brush housing, clean the brushholders, replace brushes if necessary, and replace the seals which let the crud in in the first place.

Hammer is easier.

Reply to
Austin Shackles