Steering wheel handle things

What do you call them? The little knobs to go on steering wheels so that you can turn them one-handed?

Is there anyone who sells them? I got my last one for the 90 from a motorway service area (branded DAF, which only needed one extra letter to be an accurate description of the driver), but it was lost somewhere in the rebuild. I've never seen one in a shop or in the comics. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Not a recommendation - I've only ever browsed their catalogues - but CDC Truck Accessories

and RoadPro
both sell 'em.

Reply to
QrizB

Agricultural machinery dealers -- usually call them "spinners" in my experience.

Reply to
David G. Bell

|| On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:54:18 -0000, "Richard Brookman" || wrote: || ||| What do you call them? The little knobs to go on steering wheels ||| so that you can turn them one-handed? ||| ||| Is there anyone who sells them? I got my last one for the 90 from a ||| motorway service area (branded DAF, which only needed one extra ||| letter to be an accurate description of the driver), but it was ||| lost somewhere in the rebuild. I've never seen one in a shop or in ||| the comics. Any recommendations? || || Not a recommendation - I've only ever browsed their catalogues - but || CDC Truck Accessories

and RoadPro ||
both sell 'em. || || || -- || QrizB || || I sound like I know what I'm talking about, but don't || be fooled.

Thanks - I'll check 'em out.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In the US in the 1950's they were called high speed necker knobs, IIRC.

Reply to
Charlie Choc

Try any local company that adapts vehicles for disabled drivers.

Use one of these offroad at your own foolish risk, though.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| What do you call them? The little knobs to go on steering wheels ||| so that you can turn them one-handed? ||| || In the US in the 1950's they were called high speed necker knobs, || IIRC. ||

I see.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Reply to
CampinGazz

letter to be

Try either any place that converts vehicles for disabled drivers (I live with one!) or an agricultural supply shop.

HTH...

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

Just call in at ANY truck stop type place, you know , the places the truckers stop for dinner, shower etc (not motorway service stations) , , , , they usually have well stocked accessory shops , ( though unfortunately all the electrical goodies are 24V )

Reply to
Smurf

|| "Richard Brookman" || wrote in || message news:bveso2$rtl8g$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-108243.news.uni-berlin.de... ||| Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Reply to
David G. Bell

Wheelspinners

I've only used them on tractors but Sparex part Nos S.626 S.644 or S.14923 at agricultural machinery dealers.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Not a problem if you have an ex-MoD FFR...

Though the only place like that I came across, and that was quite a while back, was just north of Towcester, on the old road rather than the bypass if I recall right.

Reply to
David G. Bell

I have never driven with my thumbs inside the wheel, it is a habit I never aquired.

Reply to
Larry

I think you've been very, very lucky. I've seen people refused access to events for having them. IMHO they are an accident waiting to happen and generally best avoided unless you have no option (like only having one arm).

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

i think truck king in watford sell them . a quick look on a websearch will find them .

truck king cb radio shop

Reply to
M0bcg

"The Motorist Centre" in Aylesbury have them for £9.99

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown