Stuck again, again and again, Aaaaagh

Ok, Right, that's it. I'm never touching flippin' bloody Outlook "complete cowpat of a program" Express again. I have no idea why that "stuck again" message split into four threads, (nor why I can't reply and include a previous message.)

I might give Tim's newsreader suggestion a go,(free something or other) or just stick to this Google thing which is actually more like posting a bleedin' letter than using a modern electronic newsgroup, as it takes about 4 bloody hours to update. Chat.... my arse!

Rant rant rant, .........shut up Guy

OK, sorry.....

Reply to
Guy Lux

Nope, just the one thread down there.

There should be an update for your version of Outlook Express.

I've never had a problem with OE and the latest version has the option of viewing all messages in plain text which is how things should be anyway.

Download the quotefix patch (3rd party) if you want coloured threads and make the sigsep work properly.

Reply to
PDannyD

"PDannyD"

p.s. Glad you're now unstuck.

Reply to
PDannyD

I'm currently using Mozilla Thunderbird

which does everything that Outlook Express does, but properly! (and with a similar user interface to OE).

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

4 mins 30 secs away from completing the download. Thanks for the tip.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Weird, look on the google groups, there are loads of threads, and this has only happened with Outlook Express.

Its good to be unstuck. Bit of a hassle having to leave the Defender in the middle of a forest and having to spend your sunday getting the thing out. Much more fun getting it stuck!

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Absolutely! ;-) Yanking something small (SJ410) out of a bog hole with a Range Rover is fun. It's all I could do to stop the SJ410 being catapulted into the distance.

Before you give up on OE completely... have a look at your reply to my previous post in this thread. You'll notice there is no attribution information so web-based newsgroups (ie: Google) can't tie-in the messages. Some newsgroup readers can't handle it either. Look at the top of this reply - there is the attribution info required.

In OE click on TOOLS ---> OPTIONS ---> SEND then make sure the INCLUDE MESSAGE IN REPLY box is ticked. That should sort your problems.

Reply to
PDannyD

Ahh, doesn't work with hotmail. Bit of a problem for me..... Unless I download hotmail popper, but then it all gets a tad complicated.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Oops sorry about that. Hadn't even bothered looking into hotmail access as I so rarely use my hotmail account (and when I do it tends to be from a web only internet access point in the back end of beyond).

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

On or around 1 Dec 2003 08:53:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guy Lux) enlightened us thusly:

well, I paid for the full version of agent at least 3 years ago, and haven't regretted it, nor have I yet found anything I like better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Never had a problem with Outlook Express on the iMac. Never had many problems with the Macintosh either compared to a PC and I've had two of them. Both ended their lives going to the tip.

Reply to
Nikki