Super Safeway!

Mother"

Reply to
Chris Naylor

On or around Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:49:50 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

'cos the bastards remove the little pin which it latches to. I reckon a suitable-sized pop rivet would fit, and what landy-owner doesn't have pop rivets?

never actually got to testing this theory, mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'd be up for trying, however I once got shouted at for doing my usual LPG filling trick which involved parking in such a way as I can wedge a piece of wood between the 'on' button and the side of Grumble.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Don't try this at a staffed filling station, and even if you do, never just shout 'fill her up mate' whilst you're checking the oil...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I think the FOTE may be here before Greenpeace!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Should I wear a short skirt and some hold ups do you think?

Reply to
Nikki

in article BC189D2B.1DAE1% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, Nikki at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 31/12/03 15:35:

Please don't say things like that it starts me 'eart a tremblin''

Reply to
Rory Manton

I could pretend I couldn't find the dipstick!

Reply to
Nikki

||||| Nikki - if you want really funny looks sit in the seat with the |||||| nozzle between your knees while you fill... ||||| ||||| Don't try this at a staffed filling station, and even if you do, ||||| never just shout 'fill her up mate' whilst you're checking the ||||| oil... |||| |||| Should I wear a short skirt and some hold ups do you think? ||| ||| Please don't say things like that it starts me 'eart a tremblin'' ||| || I could pretend I couldn't find the dipstick! || -- ||

I think this discussion should continue in

pictures).

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You could make a happy man very old...

(or something like that...)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

it does, unless they've removed the hook bit as well ..............

Reply to
Denis F

Bruce says he is thank you very much.

Reply to
Nikki

Is that lipstick on the dipstick, or the fill level?

I'll get me coat...

...long grey grubby one in pvc.

Reply to
wayne

I think its some legal thing, they often leave then there on the deisel pumps, more especially on the HGV lanes, as you can take anything up to

1,500 litres. I used to carry a suitable sized wedge on the tank of the truck, fits any nozzle.
Reply to
SimonJ

Easy to remember.....

Filler under the seat Dipstick on the seat ;-)

Reply to
SimonJ

Thanks!

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:50:13 +0000, Denis F enlightened us thusly:

most of the ones I see have just had the pin pulled.

Reply to
Austin Shackles