Suspension on a classic

My mates got springs and shocks to go on a classic bobtail - any ideas how long this will take me to do? im very good with spanners and have use of a ramp too.

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.

A couple of hours if you're handy, spring compressors will make life easier. It took me about 4 on a Disco but that was being ham-fisted. The last 3 were much easier than the first 1, as is usually the case.

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:16:15 +0100, "Mark C." enlightened us thusly:

you don;t have to get the turrets off, either. Unbolt the shock from the top of the turret and leave it in place. If you're changing springs anyway, this is juts as easy and less likely to cause grief with sheared turret bolts.

If you're fitting new shocks and the nuts on the tops of the old ones won't undo, you can split them, provided of course the new shocks have nuts, which they should do.

On the front of the 110, I found that by disconnecting the bottom of the shock, you can lower the axle (raise the body) enough to release the spring without compressors. I assume you can do the same at the back, though I've yet to try it. Quite fancy some slightly taller springs on mine, but that'll have to wait a bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks 4 your replies guys! im off to do it in am hour or so. We have got 3+1" lift springs (what ever they are!) and new shocks - lets just hope the brake hoses are long enough, we was told they are.

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.