Taxing..........

Whens the earliest i can tax my rangie for the start date to be 1st December??

Ive heard 14days before, 5 days before and not untill the 1st.

Can anyone clear this up for me??

Mark

87 RR V8 EFI
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

AFAIK 14 days before if it is already taxed and you have a renewal notice, or only on the day itself (1st Dec) if it is not taxed now and you are using a V form to tax it

But they change the rules now and again so the above might be out of date!

Yours

Reply to
Ray

Unofrtunatly mine is SORN'd at the moment to i have to use the V5....................

Doh!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

on my last visit to the post office to tax a vehicle I picked up some spare V10 as I very often forget where I have put the reminder. According to the notes on the rear of the form it says You can apply for a licence not more than 14 working days before the licence is due to start. If the vehicle has been unlicenced you cannot apply for a licence more than 2 working days before it is due to start. Saturday is classed as a working day at a Post Office.

it also says further information can be found regarding licences in booklet v100 which you shopuld be able to get from your local Post Office that issues the discs. There is also a website

or phone no for customer enquiries on 0870 240 0010

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:11:58 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

depends. 3 days before, if you're taxing something that ain't taxed, 14 days for a renewal.

IIRC.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You can use the form sent by DVLA for renewal as soon as you get it through the post. Otherwise you can apply at a licensing post office provided you have the right documents. I'm fairly sure this can be done up to 14 days before the licence is due to start. It is possible to do it further in advance, but you need to be able to show why you need to do this. For example, being out of the country for several weeks before and including the renewal date.

Nick

Reply to
nick nelson

Got tax at lunch time.......... :(

Had to loose 19 days of it though.

If taxing from a reminder, you can do it up to 14 days before.

If taxing from V5 (not taxed, or been sorn'd) you can only do it 2 days before it starts, ie 28th November or back date it.

As i need to use mine next week, i had to tax it from the 1st Nov. :(

Shit happens!!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

see here: