TD5 4 or 5 cylinder

Hi All,

I am going to replace old faithfull ( too much weld and not enough car). I fancy a TD5 but should I go for the 4 cylinder or the 5 cylinder ...what is the best engine...don't seem to be alot of difference apart from engine

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

aLL td5'S ARE 5 CYL?

Reply to
Nige

Hi Nige,

Was told July1999 to january 2000 4 cylinder and feb 2000 on 5 cylinder, I assumed they stuck a 4 in until the 5 had been finalised....

whats the 5 cylinder like ..any good ? my old 200 and then old 300 were both great though a little drafty in the end due to excessive rust moth.

john

Reply to
Long tall ugly

Nope, all 5 cyls, they are OK, but expensive to fix if they go wrong...

Reply to
Nige

mate of mine got one its chips had egr done bigger intercooler runs shithot but get it with manual not auto mate says mrx7

Reply to
mrx7™