TD5 Cambelt mileage ?

At what mileage (or age) is it recommended to change the cam belt on a TD5 Discovery ?

My 'Y' reg has done 42K miles

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not 100% sure but I think you'll find its a chain, not a belt and so isnt a problem.

Reply to
Jon

Jon's you're correct it's a chain.

regards

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2

|| On Thu, 04 May 2006 11:17:30 +0100, Jon wrote: || ||| Not 100% sure but I think you'll find its a chain, not a belt and so ||| isnt a problem. ||| ||| ||| ||| On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:02:14 +0100, "Andrew Mawson" ||| wrote: ||| |||| At what mileage (or age) is it recommended to change the cam belt |||| on a TD5 Discovery ? |||| |||| My 'Y' reg has done 42K miles |||| |||| AWEM |||| || Jon's you're correct it's a chain. || || regards || || nemo2

I looked at a Td5 Disco for a mate the other day. Salesman said "owner was a great DIY enthusiast, did all the minor services himself, cambelt was done last month." When I pointed out that the Td5 had a chain, he said "nah, this is one of the earlier ones that had belts." To be fair, it was the only 4x4 on the forecourt.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You don't expect sales people to know *anything* about what they are selling do you. If they actually knew stuff they wouldn't be salesmen... B-)

There is a belt on the TD5, for all the auxillarys, power steering, aircon, alternator etc. ISTR that the service interval replacement period for that is 96,000 miles. The cam shaft is chain driven.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

chain, he

salesmen...

snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com

Oh good - that's a relief - no need to worry yet then !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Do you or anybody here have a complete maintenance schedule for Defenders (TDI and TD5) didn´t find them on the web till now :-(

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

|| Dave Liquorice wrote: || ||| There is a belt on the TD5, for all the auxillarys, power steering, ||| aircon, alternator etc. ISTR that the service interval replacement ||| period for that is 96,000 miles. The cam shaft is chain driven. || || Do you or anybody here have a complete maintenance schedule for || Defenders (TDI and TD5) didn´t find them on the web till now :-( || || Raoul || -- || ==To e-mail me exchange das_liest_keiner with anything else== || I'll give up my Land Rover when you pry my cold dead fingers || from the steering wheel.

I have them on the RAVE CD, can mail them to you if you want.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Hm, I already have the RAVE CD, I think I should have a further look on it...

Thanks anyway :-)

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner