TD5 Fuel/Water Sensor

I have read somewhere that the water sensor in the TD5 that is located in the fuel filter is known to be temperamental.

Mine seems to have taken to having a day when it is on and then flicker a bit the next day. I have changed the filter - there was absolutely no water that came out before the diesel - and cleaned the end of the sensor (wiped the slight debris off it) but no change - if anything it is more positively on.

Is the solution a replacement sensor?

Thanks

David (Defender 90 TD5)

Reply to
David

I had a problem with the sensor on my Td5 90 defender this time last year. As it is located under the O/s rear wheel arch it tends to collect a lot of salt and corrosion on wiring connections. Try unplugging the connector and giving it a good clean and then protect the connector with some Vaseline and put back together. it cured mine (tempting fate saying that though I suppose!) Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter