TD5 Info required

Hi all, Previous to my thread on manuals. Where can I obtain a hardback workshop manual for a TD5 (51 PLate) Many thanks to bananrama for the pointer on rave's but not exactly what im looking for. Seems you can't get em for vehicles under five years old d:-(

And to follow up, where can I get a set of side runners from, cheapish, around the Manchester area. Anyone got pointers in prices as well. MA charge the earth.

TIA Dave

Reply to
Dave Piggin

Dave Hi,

the bookstores of all LR related magazines have the Defender TD5 workshop manual. Actually LRE has a promotion on all the books. If you are a subscriber you get 25% discount on the published prices and extra discount on the LR clothing items they sell.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Go to Land Rover's corporate web site and navigate to their technical section where, after subscribing, you can pay for and download the same information as available for their own dealer technical staff including manuals and technical bulletins as they are published. As far as I know Land Rover are unique in providing this service and should be applauded for doing so.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Hi,

I believe there are no current manuals for the later LR vehicles, LR provides a database of this information which you can access for a price.

If you go to the following address ...

will be able to register and pay for the info you require. When i used it I think I paid about £5 for 24hr access to the manuals. Cheers

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Boyle

How much is the sub?

I agree, but a lot depends on the size of the answer above. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Answered elsewhere. Certainly cheaper by far than buying a printed set of manuals for very occasional use. Especially as the LR resource is continually updated with latest information and bulletins. I should say that I have not needed to use it yet and until my vehicle is three years old, I am unlikely to. I do have a set of official printed manuals for my 110 and Land Cruiser. They cost a small fortune and are very seldomly referred to.

Huw

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Try

They have an impressive bookstrore, and they're a treat to deal with.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.