TD5 Interior light

Having just bought a newish TD5 I would like to fit a rear interior light. Does any body know whether I can connect straight to the existing interior light? I fancy the wiring may come via the ECU as it fades after15 mins or so if you leave the door open and I don't want to blow tthe ECU! On the same lines where can I pick up a feed to run a wire to fit a rear working spot light?

Reply to
Steve Pocock

It wont come from the engine ECU, there will be a timer somewhere.

Reply to
Adrian England

Hello, It comes from the Alarm ECU, This is a seperate module mouted behind the steering wheel. (dark green plastic housing) It senses the doorcontacts, and houses the receiver for the remote. It is also a part of the engine-immobilisation, it tells to the real ECU, if he may start the engine. In additions it controls the interior lights, it has a crash-sensor, so the door automaticly unluck by an accident. etc.

I think you can connect a second light straight to the front one. My Td5

110 CSW has a standard rear interieurlight. So the extra current should not be a problem. And if it's new, you have 3 years warranty....

The feed from the rear light, you can pick up (in de 110 csw) from behind the alumiumiun box behind the righthand side folding seats. (praktically on the other side of the right taillight) It it a purple wire and a black one. The purple is the positive one.

Tjalf

Tjalf