TD5 Rocker Cover Bolts - What torque??

Im going to replace my injector loom tonight, was just wondering what torque to re-do the rocker cover bolts to?

Thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

|| Im going to replace my injector loom tonight, was just wondering what || torque to re-do the rocker cover bolts to? || || Thanks || Jon

When you say rocker cover, do you mean the camshaft cover? If so, 9 Nm or 7 lbf/ft, according to the manual. In other words, not a lot.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Good question...I thoguht about this when I wrote the question! The cover I was talking about was the cover immediately under the sound deadening blanket / engine cover.

I dont think this is the camshaft cover as the injector rocker sits above the camshaft... Anyway, I think from above we all know which bit we're on about. 9Nm sounds about right as well.

In the end last night I just did them up till they felt right with a small 1/4 drive.

Thanks for the info.

jon

Reply to
Jon

|| On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:58:37 +0100, "Richard Brookman" || wrote: || ||| Jon wrote: ||| ||||| Im going to replace my injector loom tonight, was just wondering ||||| what torque to re-do the rocker cover bolts to? ||||| ||||| Thanks ||||| Jon ||| ||| When you say rocker cover, do you mean the camshaft cover? If so, ||| 9 Nm or 7 lbf/ft, according to the manual. In other words, not a ||| lot. || || Good question...I thoguht about this when I wrote the question! The || cover I was talking about was the cover immediately under the sound || deadening blanket / engine cover.

That's it.

|| I dont think this is the camshaft cover as the injector rocker sits || above the camshaft...

That's what it's called in the manual. Never had one apart, so I can't comment.

|| In the end last night I just did them up till they felt right with a || small 1/4 drive.

Sounds right to me.

Reply to
Richard Brookman