TDi oil change

I'm going to treat the Disco to an early oil change ( pleased to have got a deal on 5 galls of TD oil for about what halfrauds charge for 1 gall thank you Unipart ) I can't recall the advice to prevent the turbo getting starved anyone help? Derek

Reply to
Derek

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:40:35 GMT, "Derek" scribbled the following nonsense:

Disconnect the lead to the fuel solenoid, this kills the flow of diesel to the engine. Crank the engine for a few seconds to distribute the oil up to the turbo, reconnect the solenoid wire and off you go.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Thanks Simon thats a relief you reckon priming the oil filter is worth doing as well? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Well worthwhile IMO.

Reply to
EMB

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:07:49 GMT, "Derek" scribbled the following nonsense:

i normally try to in all vehicles when I change the oil. Always in a V8

Reply to
Simon Isaacs