Thank You

Big thank to to Rod (?) from Bebbington in the red 110 who stopped when my RR decided to reject the recent heart transplant by dumping it's ATF from the g box. Nice to know that if a bonnet is up, the old Land Rover code still applies to Range Rovers as well! I think the Grizzly tires might have helped though!

Cheers Mate

Mike

Reply to
Mike Derrick

the road, which is odd considering all the reliability gripes we have on this ng!! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:41:04 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

ah, but they may have silly niggling faults, but they rarely actually stop.

clutch fluid got low on mine. dunno why, yet. I've topped it up, will see if it goes low again. It's about to have gearbox swap, all being well, and I was thinking of replacing the clutch and possibly the lever which can fail at the same time. p'raps I'd better order a slave cylinder as well...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

When I had the same symptoms it was indeed the slave cylinder. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Only ever had a land rover actually stop dead on me, that was when the pin from the clutch slave cylinder broke off the lever. I could possibly have driven still with carefull gearchange though but I didn't get far. Another occasion was in 35c heat when the head gasket went, could have kept going but it was dangerously overheating into warped-head-territory so we used a cerial packet to replace it.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:29:30 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

I'm not sure if this is one of the ones with a clutch release arm that's prone to fail. Will have to look into this.

Reply to
Austin Shackles