That moving the thing around the country thing...

What happened with and how far did we get with that moving the thing around the country thing? Only I've had a few ideas on that one, can it be done though?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Posh Ted is still firmly -not- moving around the country AFAIK...

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 3/3/04 12:49:

Posh Ted is ready to go but I haven't let him go 'cos I didn't know if he would get any lifts.

I will get him a log book for details of all the lifts he gets.If it's a go I set him off at the weekend

Reply to
Rory Manton

Twas Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:12:58 +0000 when Rory Manton put finger to keyboard producing:

Who was gathering the info about who was where?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

in article BC6B986A.BA6E% snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk, Rory Manton at snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 3/3/04 2:12 pm:

who or what is Posh Ted?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Can I suggest a (further) wait?

It may be nice to try to get him around the various shows and get one of the comics interested in his journey.

It would be even nicer if he were at Marque Day - as there are going to be some very nice 'other things' happening there and I'd personally like to see as much possible like this going on as Christopher Savidge (obit, passim) was partly responsible for getting the Heritage Run and Marque Day established. His widow, Bonny will be there and she collects Teddies - may be nice for her to play a small part in Posh's journey.

Just my initial thoughts :-)

Reply to
Mother

I have'nt been subscribed to this list for ages. Last time I read anything in this group there was the idea of travelling from Lands End to John O Groats and getting all the main dealers along the way to donate the parts to build a new LR. It was then to be donated to charity.

Did it ever materialise and if so what happened?

Reply to
Tony Boom

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 3/3/04 16:06:

This is a very good idea and I am sure that PT wont mind waiting again.

As for his log book I was thinking of details like

  1. Who (vehicle owner)
2 Type of vehicle 3 Date PT got his lift4 4 Miles in said vehicle 5 A short note on what he got up to.
Reply to
Rory Manton

in article BC6BB257.337B% snipped-for-privacy@ntlorld.com, Nikki Cluley at snipped-for-privacy@ntlorld.com wrote on 3/3/04 16:03:

Posh Ted, or PT as his freands call him, is the Teddy that lives in my Srs1 and hopefully he will be visiting all the members of A.F.L soon by hitchhiking around the country.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Twas Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:39:01 +0000 when Rory Manton put finger to keyboard producing:

  1. A photograph of PT with said vehicle and driver.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

My idea involved getting a money box, there has to be a Land Rover money box available, and organising it to start at one end of the country (I can cover eastern Cornwall by the way) and all the Land Rover dealers dip into their poskets whip-round style en-route. Tin is then passed on and so on and so forth through the length of the country or even around it. the resultant bulging tin is then donated to a chosen charity. Logging and photographs en-route would be a great idea too.

I also thought that banking the money as the tin filled up would be a good idea from a security point-of-view.

Any thoughts folks?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

What about a forum or site to document the travels as well as piccys...we could all keep up to speed then :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee,

I can host/provide one of those ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Great idea. By the time it gets from Cornwall to peterborough there should be enough for my forst service :)

Seriously, I'm up for it.

Reply to
Tony Boom

Well volunteered that man!

Can you setup:

and also an alias ofthis as
with (tell me tobugger off if it's too much work) access via UID for people to updatethe journey 'in real time' from any web browser enabled 'puter?I can do Marque Day (I have a GPRS card in my laptop). Can you also setup an alias to resolve
- wot I have just Req'd from Nominet as a bit of my contribution to the jaunt. (I can cname or add an IP of the mud-club server). Anyone fancy developing a merchandising strategy?

I'd suggest raising a couple of quid for the Alzheimer's Society, MacMillan Cancer Relief and the Air Ambulance. Thoughts anyone?

Reply to
Mother

Sounds good so far, how about a line of window stickers, purchased such that profits go towards the charity too... in fact if the same printer did some alt.fan.landrover ones we could also have profits from those too "for charidy mate!".

"Posh Teds tour 2004 -

"

"Ever been a suffed bear in the back of a Landie? -

"

"Don't leave your Bear Behind! -

"

"All Fur coat and no knickers -

"

"Ossifer, he's poshted -

"

"Poshteds guide to the UK -

"

"Getting stuffed around the country since 2004 -

"

I wouldn't have a clue how to get them but someone must be into that sort of stuff applying the rule of Tim.

;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee,

Stickers ... I know just the man - I will forward this mail to him!

Neil

[...]

Can we have a picture of Posh Ted please for the new holding page?

Neil

Neil Brownlee

in article 1aeqvtqsyvmc5.lzy38i2qlb4t$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net, Tony Boom at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 3/3/04 5:11 pm:

We're in Leicester and Posh Ted can come and meet Patch the Bear that Isaac brings home from school every few weeks to visit. We have to write what Patch and Isaac did when he visits, and last week they went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the Jag showroom in Leicester. I'm sure Patch would love his photo taken with him.

Any ideas on the charity at all?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

My Daughter lives in Leicester, Granby Street. I come there quite often

My other Daughter has Neuroblastoma stage 4 so Cancer research gets my vote.

Reply to
Tony Boom