The Brotherhood of the Green Oval.

Been doing the pre-flight service on the 110 today which included Oils.

I did the engine oil then drove up to the top of the estate to a level road to check the level. I let the oil settle, popped the bonnet and lifted the hood... walked back to get some rag for the dip stick Stuck my head under the bonnet and then pulled out the dipstick... turned to see a Disco draw in, chap jumps out and says "You OK?".

I'd only had the bonnet up 30 second!

FANTASTIC!

Made my day it did... we had a good chuckle about it being the only flat place on the estate and I thanked him for his kindness.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I will stop for (older) LR's in 'up bonnet' mode and for any motorcycle that appears to be in trouble. No one has paused when I have been staring at the guts of my RR but I have had enquiries when I have been standing, apparently despondently, next to the bike.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I stop for any Landrover and bike I see 'broken down'. Mostly there's not a lot one can do, but I once towed a Disco 2 off a motorway [1][2] for a young lady who was a tad upset her car had broken down.[3]

[1] Within 300 yards of the next exit. [2] Apparently it's a _lot_ cheaper if you need to be recoverd if you're not on a motorway. Personally I have breakdown cover that covers the caravan as well. [3] Don't know what had happened, suspect blown head gasket, but there was oil, steam, coolant pouring out the front of the engine area.
Reply to
Paul - xxx

I'd like to thank the anonimous chap who stopped when I had a flat on the A1M coming back from Masham on Sunday, nothing he could do as it was on the off-side and far too dangerous to change but nice all the same. Greg

Reply to
Greg

I though I had such cover with the AA, after 3 hours wait and a lot of silliness with a recovery truck being sent to the A1M near London despite me telling them I was near Harrogate, they send a partol van without telling him it was an off side tyre. He reckoned it would take hours more to get a tow so changed it there and then which I thought was bloody stupid, especially as I had watched an artic driving down the hard shoulder and narrowly swerving around the old girl.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

The last time I stopped for a bike it was 200 miles from home and snowing heavily, and when the rider removed his helmet he turned out to be the chap who worked at the desk next to my wife.

Reply to
EMB