The cold light of day.............

& I'm still impressed with my buy, a few faults that need sorting though.

Both mirrors don't move electrically, as it's both could be a fuse.

Front fogs don't work, again maybe a fuse or relay? The switch doesn't light up if you press it.

Looks like it might need an exhaust rear section in the future, although it's not blowing or anything.

The air pump seems a bit noisy, but it only runs for a tad on start-up or if you change settings etc.

The bonnets got a bubble or two on the leading edge. Not bad though, can't really notice unless you look close.

The leather inside is in superb condition, no sagging or wear (apart from colour lift on a few small areas) Can I get some leather colour to re-apply the colour? It's only a very small amount.

The sunroof & headlining are in A1 condition & very clean.

I'm well happy with it!

Any ideas on the faults feel free to advise!

Ta

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

colour lift on a few small

very small amount.

get yourself a tin of leather food to keep the seats nice and supple about £3.50 for a 250ml tin for the colour go to a proper independant shoe shop and ask for a restorative polish it should have aniline dye in to give a permanent colour I used to use Tuxan but that was a very long time ago before I was seduced away into garage management. Derek

Reply to
Derek

up if you press it.

They're not fog lights, they're "driving lights"....they only come on when you put the main beam on. Totally pointless, as you can't drive in fog with your main beam on!!

Reply to
Pacman

up if you press it.

Auxillary driving lamps are usually wired with main beam so they come on only when on main beam, and not when on dip, as having more than two dipped beam headlamps contravenes Construction and Use regs. They are not fog lamps and cannot be used as such.

Not many people realise the correct usage of front fog lights, ie

*without* headlamps, dip or main. In true foggy conditions even dipped beam headlamps are no use as they are reflected by the fog.

Even less people seem to know that you don't use front fog lamps as some kind of extra illumination in the night so you can see the kerb, or "because they look cool"

Alex

Reply to
Alex

light up if you press it.

it's not blowing or anything.

if you change settings etc.

really notice unless you look

colour lift on a few small

very small amount.

Depends how long you going to keep it don't think you have had a disco yet !

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Ey! I love this car already, it's just about perfect for my useage of it. It will use a lot of fuel, but it was cheap & in very good condition. It hauls tons of my crap about, so at the minute, it's my fave rave!

Never really fancied a Disco of any kind of age, i prefer my old cars to look lioke old cars!I nearly bought a new one last year, but glkad i didnt bother now.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I worked that out for myself coming home on Tuesday night. The hill fog can get a bit thick up over the top of Teesdale into Tyndedale,

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Best car i ever drove for foggy conditions was my dad's 1955 Daimler. It had two fog lamps at the front, one yellow and one white. All on the main lighting switch on the dash (lebelled Side, Main, Fog) and headlamps were automatically wired up to extinguish when on Fog.

The white one on the offside was a pencil beam aimed at the white line in the centre of the road. Being a bright shaft of light, it cut through the fog. The nearside on was a "traditional" kind of fog lamp, diffuse (yellow) glow, dipped so you can see what is immediatly in front of the vehicle, and where the kerb was.

Worked like a dream, even in very thick fog.

Alex

Reply to
Alex