The Crosslander

has anyone sen one of these little gems in the US yet?

cheers

Lee S.

Lee S.

Ooh, a Dacia Duster for the new Millennium :-)

www.aro.ro for the manufacturer's info, which has the distinct advantage of _not_ having a soundtrack by some bunch of Slipknot wannabes.

Reply to
QrizB

I remember when they used to sell them here in the UK under the ARO name years ago - there even used to be a scrapyard in Hay on Wye IIRC that broke them and sold spare parts. ISTR them being quite popular with farmers, but rusting away very quickly. The smaller versions on the website were the ones aold as a Dacia Duster and the less said about them, the better! :)

Reply to
Exit

Interesting factoid for the day: TVR "wedges" sidelights came from the Renault part bin and are found on Dacia Dusters ...

QrizB

Evidently there are several definitions of the word 'interesting' !!!! :)

Reply to
Exit

On or around Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:47:20 GMT, Lee S. enlightened us thusly:

naff website. loads a large flash or similar animated screen, didn't tell me it was doing so 'til it'd got to 75%, and plays music. TBF there's a "sound: on/off" thing. But a "skip intro" would have been nice too.

hmmm. I assume it's going to work out cheaper than the rest. Weren't Dacia Romanian, and they used to do a small cheap 4x4?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There is a dealership opening near me. Their site states that the truck can only be compared with the Land Rover Discovery and the Hummer H2, which is a great deal like saying that a young woman can only be compared with a Sixties Diana Rigg or some webcam tart :)

I wish them success... they certainly seem serious about producing a capable, low-cost vehicle.

Reply to
Jack Baruth

The ARO isn't exactly young - it's the oldest of the three by about 25 years and was designed to appeal to that most discerning of motoring buyer, the romanian farmer!

If thats what the US market wanted you'd be able to buy basic Land Rover 110 pickups with TD5 engines and plastic seats for a third of the price they sold for previously in the US, but apparently the US public don't want that.

However, ggod luck to them anyway! :)

Reply to
Exit

You know, it bears MORE than a striking resemblance to the legendary Canyonero! (All together now, "# Canyonero... #")

They have a more than averagely irritating website, and their pictures are truly awful. I hope they pay more attention to their vehicles than their website. They would do well to take their web designer out the back of the factory and run him over.

Oh, and does their branding remind you of anything?

Good luck to them, but I think they're going to need it.

David

Reply to
David French

...especially with leaf springs and drum brakes. Work well on a Series, but is this really the thing for a "sport vehicle"? Or am I just being snobbish?

*Please* let them shoot their web designer.

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:53:29 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

"Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts".

was my favourite line.

that and the bit about "deer-crushing driving machine"

I loved the episode where Homer buys the F-series by mistake, and then insists that Marge drives it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles