The Unofficial August Unofficial thread.

I'm hoping it's the weekend before, cos we are having a similar "up yours to clubs" weekend the last weekend in August - the mud-club 5th birthday - at Billing if anyone wants to come along (all camping currently booked, but day passes still available!)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Surely the bank holiday on the day after might be better?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Omigod! What happened to those 5 years?

Reply to
.mother

I'd unofficially propose (if only to get responses in order to start unofficially planning) a camping barn[1] with grounds and plenty parking spaces somewhere aroundish the Hathersage area[0]. I have a couple of customers in that area who organise outdoor activities and the like who can advise on appropriate / comfortable places when we have a clearer idea of numbers. (I'd happily unofficially volunteer to go have a neb and do any booking stuph as it's only half an hour of so away from us here at Poggle Wood.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but a basic headcount so far goes something like (names as posted):

William Tasso Simon Isaacs Nige Mark Solesbury Neil Brownlee .mother

With possibles:

Lee_D (Monday) Ian Rawlings (if within Pinzmiles) Rich B Paul - xxx Austin Shackles Steve Dom J

[0] Hathersage is here:
(tinyurl links to long googlemaps url) [1] Camping Barns - see:
.mother

August Bank Holiday or not ? I got lost somewhere...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

The last Monday in August (apparently August Bank Holiday is always then, live and learn) and the two days before then.

Diary entry added at

and added to the phorum for anyone usenetless.

Reply to
.mother

On or around Thu, 22 May 2008 13:58:37 +0100, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

So, you coming? excellent excuse for a piss-u^H^H^H^H^H^H party.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry, we're definitely in France. Been long booked, with other members of family and friends so not something I can easily get out of.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Thu, 22 May 2008 16:32:45 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

I dunno. But I note that it's about 10 years since I started doing school contracts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 22 May 2008 19:35:48 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

I've been to Hathersage once. nice scenery up there, we could go and look at Mam Tor, for example, and see if we can drive a 101 up and/or down it :-) There're also various caverns and stuff.

Things we "need":

Campingplatz Off-road site Decent pub or similar for sunday lunch other attractions. possible laning for monday morning

I've no doubt 3) can be found, especially if anyone has local knowledge, and you seem to have covered 1), I daresay it's no trouble to find 4). 5) is apparently possible.

That just leaves an off-road site for playing on (probably) saturday, I daresay there's one of them, too.

I reckon I'll be up for it. Not going to make it to Eastnor, that's for certain.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It would indeed be slightly better, but I still get a 3 day birthday weekend :)

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

We'll be in, we would bring our caravan mind you?

Reply to
Nige

None of this sleeping on the floor shit!

Me and Bec are in.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Me Paul and Nige did a route round there, and we met at the Fox house Inn which is just down the road from hathersage.

Ill mail paul and see if he still has the route.

Id gladly do that again - only took a couple of hours and would fill the morning perfectly.

The pub looked really nice in side, and looked the sort to do a cracking Sunday diner..

Just don't try and get in before it opens!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Is that lane over Stannage still OK ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Bad form replying to yourself and all... this be the place.

Mark Solesbury

These be the pics

Man, im on form replying to myself today!

Ps - Becky really was not well that weekend!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

That's one of my fave lanes - pics pre-purple-grumble:

post-purple-grumble:

More:

and some with Tiggurr

.mother

On or around Fri, 23 May 2008 12:16:49 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

Pre big-tyres, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 23 May 2008 11:36:48 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

Chances are I'll put a mattress in the motor, rather than tow the 'van all the way up there. Have to see.

Reply to
Austin Shackles