Thermostat - how to test

Hi all,

Because of an overheating problem I have removed the thermostat from my 110 TD5. Is there any way to test the thermostat to see whether it is the cause for the problem? I found it contained a number of tiny rust particles.

Thanks, Uli

Reply to
Uli

Immerse in hot water with a thermometer, heat until it opens and check the temperature - should start to open at stated temp +/- 1 deg C and be fully open about 6 deg C later.

Reply to
EMB

For the cost involved, just buy another mate!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Could well be a knackered water pump or a knackered radiator.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Was it fitted correctly (ie - bulb bit facing into the engine)?

Reply to
EMB