This years Billing - does anyone have a copy of the programme?

Does anyone have a copy of the programme from this years Billing? If so there was a stand either next door or two away from the stand with the new Discovery on it, selling mini motorbikes. If you do have a copy could you let me know the contact detaiols of the stall holders as we're after one of the scrambler style bikes for Isaacs birthday.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I have a program - er .. the new LR - what stand was that on?

Reply to
The Neffalump

Hi, I wasn't at Billing this year, : ( , but if you mean mini bikes as in motorbikes for kids and not 'mini-moto' bikes, may I offer you some advice? Make sure they are a brand name ie - Yamaha, Kawasaki, Husquevarna etc. The chinese motorbikes for kids are cheap for a reason. Build quality is very poor and spare parts are a bit of a grey area! If you ask the trader about spares availability he may tell you they are compatible with the (for example) Yamaha PW50's which they look similair to, but they are not! I have a PW50 for my 3 little 6 year olds and it is a superb machine for a first motorbike, it is very tough and has taken some hard knocks! I bought it secondhand for £600 - like new, more expensive I know but, a couple of years later when my lads have grown and it becomes too small it will hold its value very well. The chinese bikes certainly will not! Just look into the brand and search t'internet for reviews of the bike you are interested in. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Wolverine

On or around Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:25:39 +0100, "Wolverine" enlightened us thusly:

good point. I know someone who has a chinese moped, and it's utter CRAP. she keeps asking me to fix it 'cos her old man won't touch it. and the spares are a problem on that too. And silly stuff, an' all like a different halogen headlamp bulb which fits nothing else.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nikki,

As I recall, the new Disco was on display next to the river, which in my show guide means it was on the LR stand opposite APB and Nene Valley tyres. This would mean that the stand you seek is one of the following:-

Direct 4x4, wheel covers, roof racks, light bars, transfers.... M Williams, Sweets Ridgeway Leather, accessories etc.

Or:-

Pimms ltd. hand power tools Sahara Travel.co.uk Ltd, tour operator

Clearly none of these is the one you seek!

BUT I know that more than a few stands were not located in the plots shown in the guide, so the plan is NOT going to be very helpful. In fact I'm not even convinced the new Disco wasn't somewhere else along the river! However, there was a stand with mini motorbikes somewhere in the vicinity of Rocky Mountain springs. According to my guide the only likely candidate(because I cannot think what it was selling) for your stand would therefore be -

Mini Sarl, Jeff Davidson, 01299 266532.

Does that ring any bells? for you I mean ;o)

Neil

Neil

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Neil at snipped-for-privacy@thisaddy.com wrote on 21/9/04 12:24 am:

Yes thanks it does.