Thunder Races

Was watching Thunder races today (the 360 degree one), and Rachel Simmonite was showing the lads round the course.

Near the end she said "youll have to do a handbrake turn here" and it then cut to her pulling the handbrake up.........

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does the disco still have a transmition brake on the back of the transfer box output making it impossible to do a handbrake turn??????????//

Sad I know..............

Reply to
mark solesbury

Women drivers for you !!!

Reply to
Hirsty's

Many apologies; my wife just read this ..... seems I sleep in the conservatory ( lavatory, ? Did'nt quite catch what she shouted )

Reply to
Hirsty's

seems I sleep in the conservatory ( lavatory, ? Did'nt quite catch what she shouted )

Im sure it was nothing important................

Perhaps it was im just going to clean the...........

(sorry....... i accept the virtual slap)

Mark...

Reply to
mark solesbury

On or around Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:55:26 GMT, "mark solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

I wouldn't put it past them to have modified it with a hydraulic back-wheel handbrake. That's what the serious rally boys have.

I'd not fancy doing it using the normal transmission brake.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:54:12 -0700 when "David_LLAMA4x4" put finger to keyboard producing:

It's the rear diff that would mostly concern me....

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

The rear diff can handle it. It is the prop uj's that let go and sometimes the half shafts

Reply to
marc

As long as the centre diff was not locked then you could use the handbrake on the back end as all the drive would then go through the front - this would offer a double whammy turning circle as you could drive the front round the dragging back end.....

It would work every time until the centre diff exploded!

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

In a Landrover product I'd be focused on the windscreen! I find Handbrake turns are an Art that you need to be well practiced. I'm confident I won't be practicing any in any of my own vehicles... :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

->>It's the rear diff that would mostly concern me....

->

->The rear diff can handle it. It is the prop uj's that let go and

->sometimes the half shafts

Don't forget that Disco was quite modified as it was used in some Army drama series of some sort.

Reply to
Geoff

I forgot that you class spotlights and furry dice as serious modifications.

Reply to
marc