Thunderbirds are go!

Recently I've fantasised about buying a few Defender 110 rear tubs and fitting them up for different tasks, then putting them on stilts ready for me to reverse under them, drop them down and tootle off. Anyone know the feasibility of this c*ck-eyed scheme?

I'd have a hi-cap pod, a tipper pod, a metal covered pod for photography, a rag-top pod, a wheelchair pod (for miscellaneous old folk), a cherry-picker pod, a camper van pod, a pod containing an underground vehicle and another one containing a small submarine.

Anyone already tried this?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Gerry Anderson?

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

S3 88" (Albert) __

Reply to
Nige

You'd have to make some sort of quick-release mechanical interconnect, and provide for lights, and the cherry-picker pod would definitely need its own load-bearing chassis.

I like the idea of one of those remote-controlled carrying-platforms which they used to save the airliner in the first episode. Then all you would have to do would be to make sure you have the right pod when you have a breakdown.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Anything is possible......How deep are your pockets though?..:-)

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

They go all the way down my trouser legs and out onto the floor! I must buy some new clothes when I can afford it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The Chav one would have the local cash point hole in the wall on it.

Reply to
wayne

Deep pockets is one thing. How long are your arms?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Long enough to reach where they have to, if you get my drift. (well it is getting cold)................

Reply to
Tony