Tom - I guess it's off the road then....

It's baltic outside if it doesn't Snow it's arse off tonight then theres summat wrong with the weather.

Mrs_D's range of facial expressions grows by the day and I've just declined a trip to the offy as I'm now officially T-Total till after arrival of Bump.

Been in the garage and got me Snow shovel at the ready. Wondering if I should sling a set of old curtains across the windscreen of the 110 for a quick off off if Bump decides to put in an appearance. It's no friggin wonder I'm bald!

I do like an adventure mind.. wheres me sledges.... :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You can guarantee that bump will make an appearance at the least convenient time, it will be snowing a blizzard, rush hour and Snowy won't start :-)

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Looks like we will be going in the Laguna then, don't want to get the seats mucky in the RR ;-)

Yeah I reckon he misjudged the height of the wardrobe meself :-)

Dammed unlucky.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep - The 101 is now SORNed as of last night - so chances for snow have just jumped!..

However - me and a mate have got my 2A started, free of mice (they were living in the little hole round the filler pipe!) emptied of stuff and i've pressure washed it inside and out and it is now sitting on the drive where i can work on it - Its not mot'd though yet but the fact that it runs should ward off some snow! It just needs a coolant pipe (had perished) and some seats and the handbrake adjusting.

Go stick a fan heater in it on an extension lead and keep it toasty inside and ready for use. Will be both nicer and keep the ice at bay.

If you dont have one with a stat on then just stick it on a timer to run for 15mins on the hour or so.

Good luck! :D

Reply to
Tom Woods

Can you promptly go outside and disable it for me?

Id like a nice snow fall...

:)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hi Lee, I gather from your post that you have another addition on the way. After I fixed the indicators today I took the 110 up onto the Chase to check that low range and difflock were still working, ready for the snow tomorrow. If you thing you have it bad in Stoke, have a look at this from last year!!!!

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

prob wont start if it snows anyhow - and i can only really drive it round the garages out back due to lack of MOT - so it shouldnt really significantly affect the chances of snow! ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Blooming awful up on the gantry at Blackburn this evening. But it wasn't that cold, 4C or there abouts but the wind is *extremely* lazy.

Few odd little white bits blowing about at home but we are at 1400' and only just below freezing. Anything less than 3" of lying snow isn't real snow, real snow you measure in feet.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We dont get real snow here in stoke anyhow! - and this morning it is 'fresh' outside but there aint no white stuff! Hardly even a frost either.

Lee - I dont think youre gonna see a lot of snow today

Reply to
Tom Woods

I finally retired about 0400 with no sign of snow. We now have a couple of cm, almost enough to take a minor bit of notice of: "Oh it's snowed..."

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've spent about 3 hours outside today in Dorset washing sand out of the drum brakes on the pinz in the hope that it might snow. Bloody cold, pond iced up and the hosepipe wasn't a fun thing to use, but no snow, no rain, no nothing. Quite windy, and damned cold that wind was too.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Sounds like time to make use of them logs you were chopping up not so long back.

I just walked to and from the car and it's freezing. Glad I didn't have to faff around outside.

Then again MOT is up on the 110 shortly so I bet I'll have my fun to come. Best dig out by Aran sweater and thermals in readiness.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You wouldn't have been doing that up here, couple of inches of snow on the ground this morning, temp -2C (not particulary cold), couple of more inches during the day. Light dry stuff so starting to drift across the roads by 1600, only a few inches high but from little drifts do big ones grow when they have miles of open fellside to be fed from...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd love to but the chimney turns out to be unsuitable for an open fire. Looks like it was designed with stoves in mind but someone's put in an open fireplace and found it not to work, there was smoke damage over the fire mouth when I moved in. Now I've looked into it, the chimney pot is the wrong type for an open fire, the fire gather (the bit above the fire) is the wrong shape, and the chimney opening actually emerges behind the fire, not above it. The fire works if I get it very hot, but for the first hour it pumps smoke into the room and on a windy day or with slightly wet wood, it never stops smoking the room out. I'm looking into sorting it out but in the meantime, it's time for an electric fan heater and ply across the fireplace.

The landy is parked up after I noticed some oil spots underneath in a car park, unusual for mine so that'll need the thermal overalls again. The pinz oil light started coming on when I was going round corners too, turns out it's scoffed 2 litres of oil in about a thousand miles, not sure yet if that's not actually normal on these things!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You haven't seen my thermal overalls! I look like a tomato, bright red quilt crudely shaped into a pair of overalls, and a green woolen hat. While working yesterday I certainly wasn't even close to cold.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Very sensible too I sold a pal a brilliant pair of Ferrari overalls complete with 2005 patches ( as worn by a certain german bloke ) I really didn't think getting them manky under the Landies was a good idea and he gave me a set of quilted bright blue overalls they are bloody lovely even though I look like Mr Bibendum in them ideal for winter which appears to be just as well as I need to give Miles a spot of TLC.. Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Miles 300TDi Disco

Reply to
Derek

I was out under my landy today after the audi failed the MOT (just pads and discs) so I had to clear up whether the landy oil leak was a bad one or not as it'll be the daily drive for a few days. Put the duvet overalls on, lovely, rolled about under the landy checking it all out, all fine, came back inside, took the overalls off then immediately wanted to put them straight back on. It's like walking around in a sleeping bag all day. I'm sorely tempted to get another clean pair to wear all day around the house and sod the heating bill, no need for heating with those things on. Only cost me £20 or so IIRC.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Can you remember where you got them? They sound about right for wearing whilst driving one of my tractors.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Mine were the WD2360 ones, available in various colours, Dickies so probably available lots of other places. Turns out they cost me £26 ex vat or so (more than my memory told me) and the first set were way too large, the vendor made it easy to sort that out though.

I'd hate to be caught out in the rain in them though, I reckon I'd turn into a huge water balloon and roll about! There were some waterproof padded ones on the same page, no idea if they're as warm though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thanks, I stick with the ordinary ones because waterproof tends to mean sweaty and I can always wear a coat.

AJH

Reply to
AJH