Top gear

Makes a change to see Clarkson do something interesting for a change. Trespassing on one of Badger's mountains with a Disco3, didn't catch the name, but it didn't show him drive it down again.... wussy.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thats because he didn't, and IIRC, once he'd got home and swtiched on his mobile, there was a very pissed off member of the prod team bollocking him for having the keys in his pocket still

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Was that the "best of..." where in another sketch he was being chased by a tank? Shame it wasn't a bit quicker....

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hehe, yep the downhill "sledge effect" maybe scared him! (I know it scares me!!) Story was, he was helicoptered away after filming had finished and it took them 2 days to get the disco back down as he'd only gone and pissed off with the keys in his pocket......... I think that was right up in the far north west of the country, about another 100 miles or so north of where I am. Still counts as my "back garden" though, I s'pose...? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Tongue.

Reply to
Dougal

I was convinced I recognised some of the road scenes as the back road from Salen to Ferryport on Isle of Mull, but I didnt recognise the name of the mountain either so maybe it wasnt!

Reply to
Nullified

You should have nipped up with some spare keys morning after and shown him how it was done. I reckon he crapped himself and how did he manage to get stuck coming downhill, he didn't read the ground at all.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I missed the program ( plasteringe )but surely the clip to show was young Hamster in the Bowler pity he doesn't post on here in view of his affliction ( landroveritis ).The last person in the world to be allowed to play in 4x4 is Jeremy in view of his ability to get stuck with very little provocation remember the Frontera 2 wheels / grass = stuffed Derek

Reply to
Derek

And he rolled a demo Jeep belonging to Chrysler with 300 miles on it and stuffed the roof and front. I'm surprised they let him loose in that Bentley at 180 mph with his interpretation of control ( If you can drive well you should be able to drive anything).

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Cnoc an Fhreiceadain, there's a bit about the Top Gear visit here:

Tom

Reply to
Tom Gilmour