Towing Mirrors

Hi.......can anyone recommend a set of towing mirrors for a 96 Discovery ?

thanks

Jim R

Reply to
Jim Roberts

Barno

Had same for Disco 2 and P38. All comments seconded. They're fine - easy to get on and off and they work well enough. I was worried that they would blow off at motorway speeds, but they seem to stay put.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Must be a big unit to need them? All 3 of my Land Rovers tow without. ISTR there is some clause somewhere that excluded Range Rovers from needing the extensions. I could be wrong however :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Wed, 4 May 2005 11:00:32 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

can't see a fat lot behind my big trailer once it's got a vehicle on it, or a big load of hay, or suchlike, 'specially not with the disco mirrors which are smaller than the 110 ones used to be.

So come on then, who's got a defunct 101 going dirt cheap for me to rebuild into a minibus?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin,

A 96 Discovery has the bigger mirrors :-) .... as well as the lights that are more than 3 candle power :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Wed, 4 May 2005 13:22:19 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

not much bigger, and more to the point, they're not much further out, either.

there's not a lot wrong with the lights on mine. The 2 things that need addressing are a lack of interior space and not enough stability when towing large things. Mind, if the 101 really is only rated to tow 2T, then I'm probably barking up the wrong tree for the latter, since the trailer is a bit over a ton and a disco on it makes it noticeably over 3T.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes, I rarely use them on the P38 - on yer average British road, there are enough (and frequent) bends to keep a weather eye on what's behind. You can see a lot without, even in a straight line. Useful for France, though.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

in article 4277c0b9$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Jim Roberts at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 3/5/05 7:20 pm:

We bought some and ended up not using them as we found that they vibrate a fair bit and we had enough visability without.

Reply to
Nikki

Thanks guys for all the comments

Reply to