Towing out snowed in cars - a cautionary tale!

Looks expensive. Better to dig out, or give the towing job to someone with a brain.

Reply to
roddytoo

You'd think the bloody idiots would have used a shovel! Do these people have no brains?

I saw an Espace try to drive straight through a gravel trap at Le Mans last year. Tractor then hooked onto it and neatly ripped the recovery eye off. I think they used a forklift in the end.

David

Reply to
David French

LMAO!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Did I imagine it, or was the towing eye attached to a flimsy plastic panel?

Reply to
Exit

The hook was attached to tie down on the bumper mount. it ripped it straight out of the unibody frame.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

That's really not a towing eye. There for tie down during tansport.. Ask any tow truck operator, he will never attach to those things..

I'm sure the insurance co. would have prefered he had called a tow truck (or purchased a snow shovel).

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@hctc.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Have to admit, my first thought was "Why not just push it forward and dig some snow out the way, you idle git?"

Reply to
Adrian

Not to mention NOT trying to pull the car thru the snow pile at the end of the driveway....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Borkhuis

Simple answer to all the queries regarding this mishap can be summed up in one word

American {:-)

Reply to
Shayne

Lol, why is it that stupid bastards always have a video camera handy but whenever I do something cool no one is around to tape it.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

Probably to the bumper mount which is flimsy stamped metal.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

I think this video would be a good candidate for Americas Funniest Home Videos. (or what ever it's called).

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There is a newer program on Fox that may be more appropriate, Outrageous Videos or similar name. It already had a video of some doofus pulling a tree with a jeep. Actually had the thing pulled down, but then said doofus decided to try to pull the roots loose by making a quick high speed yank on the cable.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Now Now

Reply to
Don

did the cable snap and bust the back of the guys head open? or did jeep get pulled in half?

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Looked like mostly just the front bumper and its attaching pieces went flying everywhere. Sadly, the guy's head survived, possibly due to being heavily protected by his prostate at the time.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

I put it up on my website at

While we're it, totally off-topic video at
(cautionary tale about dinosaurs) :)

Peter

Reply to
Peter

"America's Biggest Cretins" is the one you're thinking of.

Reply to
David French

Did anyone save it? I've seen it but wanted to show it to a few people. I get 404 when I go to the link...:-(

Reply to
Pacman