Trolley Jack in LROI

There is a trolley jack that i like look of in the 1st few pages of LROI this month. It recons its in Halfords, but i cant find it anywhere.. Went in to a store today, and they only keep a little one in stock.

I like this one as it can lift up quite high.

At the moment, i have to use half a railway sleeper with me to give my jack a little more lift.

Anyone else got any recommendations for sub 50 notes?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I've had my eye on the Clarke CTJ3000QL (=A341.11 inc from MachineMart).= Not bought or played with one mind... 200 to 520mm range. Presumably the max= is with the adjustable saddle fully up and the min with it fully down.

The CTJ3000G (=A364.61 inc @ MM) covers 125mm to 520mm without an adjust= able saddle, hum, it's not quick lift but for occasional use is that a proble= m?

CTJ3QLG (=A382.23 inc @ MM) 145 - 520mm looks identical to the above but= with a single direct mechanical lever push to get the saddle in contact.=

These are all 3 tonne jobbies, under a Landie 2 tonne might be starting = to struggle and being smaller tend not to lift as high. Having looked at th= e above I think I'd go for the CTJ3000G, =A317.62 seems a lot for an extra= lever...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They used to do a 3-tonner that I bought many years ago, still got it but despite not being used much the quick-lift mechanism has failed but so far the jack's not dropped anything on me.

For carrying around in the landy I bought one of their scissor jacks, because it has a slightly curved top just perfect for going under the axle and lifting it the two inches or so that you need in order to change a tyre safely, no messing about with high-lift jacks at the side of the road.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Got mine from Machine Mart for about £35, extended lift, good piece of kit

Andy

Andy

Looks identical to the cheap chinese trolley jack I have had for the last 5 years or so. My one works well enough but the minimum height is greater than a lot of other jacks and whilst not a problem when working on a LR it often becomes an issue with non 4x4 wehicles.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Sat, 08 Dec 2007 21:46:31 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

remember you rarely lift the whole landy on one jack...

there's only one clarke to go for for landy use:

I've got one and it's feckin' ace.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:38:25 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I had a cheap-chinese one for ages, and it was excellent til some toerag nicked it. The biggun I have now has the additional advantage that it's too heavy for yer average toerag to lift.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Why does that not surprise me?

125mm is quite low looking at the other MM offerings they mostly start a= t 135mm. Curiously the printed MM catalogue has the CTJ3000G with a minimu= m height of 120mm. Take a ruler when shopping... B-)
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

True enough but I like big safty margins...

Bit of big begger (as you say stops the scroates walkin' though) and mor= e than double the OP's =A350 budget...

In the 2 tonne range there is the CTJ2000G with a top height of 490mm (=A355.21 inc) or CTJ200GA which has two 1.5 tonne axle stands (=A315.26= inc seperate) as a 3 peice set (=A370.48 inc a penny more than the seperates= price!).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 09 Dec 2007 10:16:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

worth it though. It was more than my budget, too, but I don't regret it. I like being able to jack on the chassis and still get wheels off the ground :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

True enough but I like big safty margins...

Bit of big begger (as you say stops the scroates walkin' though) and more than double the OP's £50 budget...

In the 2 tonne range there is the CTJ2000G with a top height of 490mm (£55.21 inc) or CTJ200GA which has two 1.5 tonne axle stands (£15.26 inc seperate) as a 3 peice set (£70.48 inc a penny more than the seperates price!).

Reply to
Derek