Tuning v8 Airflow meter

I have just bought a new airflow meter to replace the old one which had been blown inside out by the LPG system at some point. I will of course be fitting a protection valve at the same time so this doesn't happen again. I am fairly experienced with the Rover V8 but not the EFI variety, what is the procedure involved in setting up & tuning the new airflow meter so I can get the 1985 Range rover back running on petrol?

Thanks, Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Run engine until at normal operating temp, swap meters, re-start and idle. Adjust idle bypass mixture screw (allen key) on outlet end of AFM until you get the smoothest, fastest idle, (assuming no co meter available? if you have one then set idle co to approx. 1.5%) correcting the idle speed as required with allen key adjuster screw at throttle body bypass. (some are a normal straight screwdriver). If you cannot get the correct range of adjustment on the mixture screw (should be approx. 1.5 to 2 turns out from fully in when correct mixture / co is achieved) then remove the black plastic cover from the AFM and adjust the spring tension wheel - 1click at a time only!! Best to mark it's original position just in case you get lost or slip. Recheck mixture whilst adjusting screw after each wheel movement, until it is in the correct range. Badger.

Reply to
Badger