Two seater softtop

Over the next couple of months I am converting my S3 109 HT to a full tilt(I'll wait until January for the full effect!)

The part to do this seems readily available but I am having problems resolving 2 issues.

  1. For safety I would like to install a roll bar but don't know of any suppliers.
  2. Seat belt mounts, with the HT removed I will have no seat belt mounts, although maybe they could be mounted to the roll bar. I don't want to go back to the original lap belts

If any body has a photos of how they solved the problems it would be helpful. any pics to martin at midascapital dot co dot uk.

Thanks, Martin

1980 S3 109
Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

There's a "roll bar" standard part that includes seat belt mountings - havn't got the book with me at the moment, but it's in the "Optional Accessories" supplement - and it fits under the tilt!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Safety Devices

I have one of the last Betaweld cages in my SWB S3, some pics at:

The pics above show the safety harness mountings on the cage. I guess you could fit inertia reel seat belts here.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Thanks Very much. All the info I require in less than an Hour!

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Would the roll bar fit on a SWB too?. I've got the same seatbelt problem here. Dare I ask roughly how much a roll bar would cost?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Remind me tomorrow, so I can find the book!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I'll try and remember! :). Was thinking just now that it might be easier to just stick my truckcab back on (and i have fond memories of how toasty that got compared to a ragtop...). Could still do with some seatbelt mounts come next summer though..

Reply to
Tom Woods

I have had a look through my parts book but have not been able to find a roll bar. there is a ladder rack that looks like a roll bar but that's about it.

I have contacted safety devices and am waiting for details.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Safety Devices are asking £300 + vat & del.

Don't know if this is good or bad but it does sound like a good piece of kit.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

I'll jump in at this point :-)

The military soft tops use a combined roll over hoop/seat belt mount ( mine did anyway). It replaces the hood stick behind the seats and has bracing bars that mount onto the body capping. It won't be up to the same standard as a safety devices one, I'm sure, but might be a lot cheaper/easier to get hold of ! I'd have thought any of the military places would be able to help out.

As it happens, I have one on the driveway at the moment if you want some pics.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

I think that sounds very fair actually. I paid at least that (maybe more, can't really remember) for my Bettaweld cage a couple of years ago.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Pictures would be very useful. could you mail them to: martin at midascapital co uk

Thanks, Martin.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Yes thats correct. Fitted as standard to military 90/110s but should fit series as well. Expect to pay £100 - 150 for one and make sure it comes with all the mountings. Don't often see them for sale on their own as most sellers prefer to sell a complete rollbar/sticks set for £250ish. Ex-military dealers will charge even more.

Sean

73FL74 101gs 1984 110 2.5na
Sean Ryan

hmm. That sortof amount of money will go a fair way toward a set of bucket seats and harnesses, where the harnesses go through holes in the back of the seats. These harnesses also use standard mounting points too (my mates has been through multiple mots with this set up, so they cant be bad). I think i'd rather go that way!

For the moment i'm going to solve the problem by sticking my truck cab back on!. I can then save up for some seats for when it gets a bit warmer next year,

Reply to
Tom Woods

Roll bar problem sorted, I have spoken to AllWheelTrim and they are currently in the process of manufacturing a bulkhead mounted roll bar for around £150.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)