Tyer pressures for a 110CSW

Please , anybody.

-- Your help is, as always, greatfully receved. Rory Manton

1957 109 Series One, Daisy 1965 Series 11 SWB GS , Rose.
Reply to
Rory Manton

On or around Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:58:55 +0100, Rory Manton enlightened us thusly:

what size tyres?

when I had mine, with 31x10.5R15 on it, I used to run about 34 all round, and up the rears for heavy loads.

ISTR 36 all round for 235/85R16 which were on it before, and similar for load. The heavy loads mine got were transferred from a big trailer. Later found that I was loading it nose-heavy; in the unlikely event that I haul hay on it again, I'll pay more attention to the load distribution.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Difficult to get a definitive answer as no one seems to give official figures. Even Lode Lane have'nt got a clue nor most dealers. I found somewhere a set of figures at 28/35 but uprate on a load with 235 tyres, this seems to have given me about 50k miles on BFG AT's, but I have no idea whether this is good or not. Main thing is the tyre temp does'nt seem too bad at "high" speed so it must be near correct.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Official tyre pressures in my Australian owner's manual and vehicle placard vary from 35/35 unloaded and speeds below 120kph to 45/65 for full load and speeds above 140kph. I use 35/35 light loads, 35/45 moderate loads, 45/55 full load, as there are no speed limits above 110kph round here. JD

Reply to
JD

I'll bet it cornered pretty ugly at speed with 28 in the fronts!

Reply to
EMB

No problem with any aspect of driving, motorway, country roads or rough ground.

Reply to
Hirsty's

This is about what I use. I've messed about with various diferent pressures and have settled on this which seems fine for everything I do and the tyres look to be wearing OK.

The 28 that others have mentioned for the front seemed a bit too soft, but that may be because I've got the weight of an 8274 + bumper, whatever that weighs. On a normal 110 it may be fine.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:58:55 +0100 when Rory Manton put finger to keyboard producing:

I have the original handbook for my 1984 110 here. on the back it says.....

7.50 R16...... 25/25 - 30/42 7.50 x 16...... 25/30 - 30/48

now why the hell would crossplies need higher pressure at the back compared to the front when unladen and radials do not? odd that

I have 7.50x16 cross plies and I run at 30 all round (rarely carry much weight).

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Tyre pressures indicated at page bottom, must say though it does'nt indicate type !!

LandRover, 90/110 2495 cc 1985-89 Engine Code n / a

Ignition Data Ignition system type: CB Ignition coil make/type: Lu/DLB101 Supply voltage: n / a Primary resistance: 3.0-3.5 Ohms Secondary resistance: n / a Ohms Distributor make/type: Lu/45D4 Contact breaker gap/air: 0.4 mm Dwell angle: 46-56 [Duc=54^-60^] Deg Ignition Timing - unleaded: 16/2000 Deg eng/rpm (without vacuum) Ignition Timing - leaded: 16/2000 Deg eng/rpm (without vacuum) Timing mark location: Pulley No 1 plug location: Pulley Firing Order: 1-3-4-2 Spark plug make: Champion Spark plug type: N9YC Electrode gap: 0.8 mm

Fuel System Fuel type: L/U Fuel pump type/pressure: Elec/- bar Engine idle speed: 700 rpm Fast idle speed: n / a rpm CO level at idle speed: 1.5  1.0 Vol %

Engine Data Valve clearance - inlet: 0.25 h mm (hot) Valve clearance - exhaust: 0.25 h mm (hot) Compression pressure: 11.2 bar Oil pressure: 2.4-4.5/- bar/eng/rpm Radiator pressure cap: 0.6 bar/type Drive belt 1 - size: 9.5x1050 KDB105 mm/type Drive belt 2 - size: n / a mm/type

Electrical System Alternator output: 34/2500 Amps/eng/rpm Regulated output: 13.6-14.4 Volts Battery: 12/55 V/Ah Starter motor make/type: Lu/2M100

Other Data Clutch operation type: Hyd Clutch adjustment: S/Adj. mm Cambelt failure: n / a Cambelt Part Number: n / a Tyre pressures: 1.9(28)f 2.4(35)r bar (psi)

Reply to
Hirsty's

Remember too that when manufacturers set tyre pressures they err on the low side to keep road noise down and ride quality up. Much of the Ford Explorer/Firestone tyre fiasco in the US is being pinned on the recommended tyre pressures being significantly too low for extended road use at speed. Radial tyres do not suffer from the problems of uneven wear from incorrect inflation anywhere near as much as cross plies - and with their softer sidewalls do need significantly more pressure to stop them deforming whilst cornering.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:38:34 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

It is true that running 36 in the front of the disco makes it a bit harsher. however, it also makes a big improvement to the handling.

Reply to
Austin Shackles