Tyre Pressure

Hi All

Got a New to me disco. N reg diesel. Trouble is rear tyres seem bit flat at the bottom. Does any kind soul know what 205's should be puffed up to?

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Paul Tasker

My handbook says 28 lb/in2 front, 38 lb/in2 rear

Reply to
Steve Poulson

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:23:05 +0100, Steve Poulson enlightened us thusly:

's wrong, mind, for most use, IME.

for mostly-on-road, I'd go for 36 all round. 28 front is definitely on the soft side with a diesel, and unless you habitually carry a fair amount of weight, 38 may be a tad on the high side at the rear. if you run light most of the time, I'd expect slightly too much tyre wear in the centre.

I run mine on 235/70s at 36 all round, and also ran 205s on a 300 TDi at that.

it makes the ride a tad harsher on small sharp bumps, admittedly, but the tyre wear patterns are more sensible.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Many thanks gents!!

Reply to
Paul Tasker

I've run 28 front, 38 rear as per the owner's manual on three Rangies ('83, 86 V8 classics) and the same on my current P38A.

I've had excellent tyre wear from all three cars with Michelin tyres and no problems with ride or handling.

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts