tyre question

Further to my previous post, the tyres at the moment are Michelin XPC. The tread depth on the fronts are 4mm. Whilst I know they are still legal does anyone know the tread depth when they were new ? The reason for asking is the last couple of days when going round a roundabout in the wet its gone straight on whereas it never used to. Just measured the BFG's on my 90 and the tread depth on them is 12mm. So, if the others were the same from new they are then 3/4 worn.

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard

About 13mm usually for a 4x4 tyre. It will be noticeably crap with

4mm tread in the wet, but just wait til you are down to the legal 1.6mm.....
Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:22:58 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

this is why I tend to replace tyres once they get anywhere near the limit - I get laughed at 'round here where the norm is to wear them 'til they're bald, very nearly.

Basically, if one tyre of a set gets down to below 2mm, I tend to replace the set. It costs slightly more, but it improves your safety margin...

Reply to
Austin Shackles