tyre sizes

I know tyre sizes is a popular one here...

I currently have 750x16 cross plies on standard rims.

I'm looking at 235/85r16's on 6.5x16 white 8 spokes.

I recall the 8-spokes sit further out than standard rims, that's ideal for me.

how will the width of the 235/85r16 compare to my 750x16 cross plies? and ditto the size re: road speed and speedo accuracy?

looking at colway all-terrain replacing deestone

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Look at my pictures of my new 235/85s itll show u how differnt they look on a series motor

Jason Hall

On or around Sun, 05 Sep 2004 14:29:48 +0100, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

235/25.4" inches nominal width, as compared to 7.5" nominal width 235/25.4*0.85" nominal height, as compared to 7.5" nominal height.

near enough the same height, slightly wider, at about 9.25" nominal width, although I'd be amazed if the Colways have tread that wide. Colways AT are quite good but didn't last all that long on my 110, ISTR somethign around

16,000 miles. Pirelli ATs in big-wide size (10.5") lasted about 20K miles, albeit with a V8 and auto box for most of the time.

mind, Michelin Synchrones on mother's (not Martyn) disco didn't do a lto better than that, might've got 25K max from 'em, but thanks to running them under-inflated, they wore too much on the sides.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:29:48 +0100 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

near as dammit the same then for this purpose. given the choice I't have michelin xzy's on it but I have to have cheap.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

No significant size difference. I'd look at a set of 7" wide rims - the tyres seem to handle better on a slightly wider rim.

Reply to
EMB

I bought some 235/85 and they need to sit on 16*7 white 8 spokes i think.. thats what i was told and bought and they look perfect.

If you wanna see some pics of my series 3 with them on then check out the link.. might help you to see the look before u buy..

Jason Hall

Jason Hall