Tyres again

Just been looking at Witham SVs Tender site and was wondering...

Are 7.5x16 usable on a Disco 1?

Given this is an MOD lot I'm guessing they'll probably be Goodyear G90s.

Any thoughts?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:35:21 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" scribbled the following nonsense:

750 is about the same size as a 235/85 16, and to fit requires some modification to the wheel arch, so I would guess that 750s may need the same. Nicest way to do it is to fit fit a set of flared arched from Devon 4x4, as they seem to fit with the aggressive look caused by bigger tyres. Suspension lift is also preferable, as I found that 235/85s fouled the top of the inside wheel arches with out it.
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:49:00 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

they're narrower, though. 235s are nominally about 9.5" wide, 7.50 are of course nominally 7.5". depends on what the problem is with the 235/85s, if it's the width or the diameter.

Oh, and the 7" disco rims are a touch on the wide side, I'd have thought, for a 7.50 tyre.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Always nice to have a tyres thread on the go. I've been offered 1100 X

16 for the 101. Is someone taking the piss ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm running on Range Rover steels (Sorta RoStyle, but not quite) off a

82 rangie at the moment, but getting a new set of rims is on my list of "Must happen" sometime soon.

Largest I've run on this is 235/70/16 which grabs the front radius arms, but that's largely due to being Grizzly Claws - the shoulder lugs make the tyre wider than its size would indicate.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:24:54 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

sounds good to me. Monster Truck!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Why? They fit a treat.