ULRC

Some will remember I was mucking around with setting up the:

UNOFFICIAL Land Rover Club

last year - and did an beta site at:

Well things got in the way and I did very little to it...

... until now.

I've rebuilt the entire site (with a different CMS engine, somewhat modified) and added a few extra features to make it (as originally intended) more of a Social Networking site with a loose common 'Green Oval' theme (unofficially, obviously).

I've not got around to moving previously registered members into the new site, but if you registered previously, please feel free to register again. The old site is still there at:

This is now a final beta and I'd welcome any feedback after you have tried to break it ;-) Feel free to play and see what does what, invent silly (but clean) polls, add diary entris, events - build your 'profile', write a blog and start populating the (cough) 'Forum' (necessary evil, but at least not another 'out of the box' phpBB install!)

If all the members are happy with the way the final beta goes, I'd propose launching the 'Club' ready for the 2008 show season.

BTW, Tomorrow I will end world poverty, cure Climate Change, end universal discord and...

... prepare all four of my Landies for MOTing (ALL MOTs due next week). now that last task is not good planning...

Reply to
.mother

looks like Warren might be busy then!!!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

looks good Martin,

what CMS engine? I'm trying to get my head around Joomla at the moment

Si

Reply to
Grnoval

The original ULRC site was built around MODx - which is a fork off Etomite. I use both fairly regularly but decided to use Drupal as the basis for the new/revised site as it's easier to devolve full control to registered users - or in this case, 'members'. It also has a better focus on supporting social networking - which is what ULRC is all about really, with a vague focus on Landies :-)

There are a few issues, like having to increase memory allocation in php.ini and it's worth going over the code for modules before installing them, but otherwise, it's quite good.

Reply to
.mother

.mother uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Good to see you've bounced back... like Rocky!

;-)

signed up dude - must try and get to some events next year though I've bounced off another exam so April and May will be busy fer Mr_D here.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:35:10 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

I was expecting something else there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles