ultrasonic cleaner and injectors

so, if I was going to have a go at cleaning V8 injectors in the ultrasonic thingy, what working fluid would be best?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Petrol?

Reply to
Nige

We use white spirit for cleaning most of our stuff in the ultrasonic.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

I clean carbs with cellulose thinners

Reply to
Jon

Whats wrong with and a tiny drop of washing up liquid? Remember the cleaning action is from the micro cavitation on the surfaces rather than the muck being soluable into the working fluid.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Depends whether you want to get the parts wet with water or not.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

On or around Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:49:22 +0000, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

that was the point: I didn't fancy getting water in 'em.

I'll probably use paraffin, I've got plenty of that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Never used one but see Maplin have one in the flyer I got today.

Are they any good or just a gimmick?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:28:28 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Ultrasonic cleaner is a very handy gadget. I used it a bit back to clean an inkjet printhead and make it work again.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Re-animator!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:26:41 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I was bloody glad I had it, and it worked. It's one thing getting a second-hand A3 printer for 100 quid, and quite another if it needed another

100 quid on a printhead which is discontinued...
Reply to
Austin Shackles