Unbelievable Radio Problems

About a year ago my fuel pump went out on my 1999 Land Rover Discovery I. I was pretty angry about it and just let my Land Rover sit for a couple of months before I got around to fixing it. When I did fix my fuel pump I found that my battery had gone dead because the truck was just sitting around for so long. I got a new battery. Everything worked except for the radio. Because the radio had been disconnected from power the "CODE" warning is all I got out of the radio. I then contacted the Land Rover dealer here in Seattle USA and they gave me the code for the radio. I also discovered the code had been written on top of the radio when I pulled it out to work on it. However, to no avail could I get it to work. I tried everything. I let it sit for hours knowing that it needed to clear when I had entered a code too many times. I disconnected the battery for a few hours then reconnected it and left the radio on for 1.5 hours and then tried the code but nothing worked. I even took it out and put it in the freezer for a night because someone said it might clear the circuits. Didn't work!

I then found a radio on ebay from a Disco that had been junked. The radio was in good working order and the code was written on it. The guy who sold it to me told me it worked fine. I installed it and tried the code but nothing worked. I tried all the tricks but nothing worked.

So here I sit..... one year one from when my problem started and I still have no radio. Other than the radio my Land Rover is great and we use it as a family vehicle quite regularly. I would love to have a radio once again.

Any ideas on what my problem might be? Why I can't get it to accept the code in 2 different radios?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
jsovick

Easy, buy a radio that isnt a Land Rover one that requires no code, then ebay the old ones.

Reply to
Nige

Half a guess is the code isn't being put in right.. and I can't recall how to do it.. someone will no doubt pop up in a min a bit more useful.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Do what I did, buy a cheap car radio from your local car radio shop and fit it.

The hole is a standard ISO dash hole...

Reply to
William Black