Unofficial afl/101 club meet

Right then, after having a long chat with Martyn over several cups of coffee we have decided the following:

  1. We will have a meet in April, dates to suit (think Lee had some suggestions but can't find them).

  1. We are not bothering with a campsite, I have a field everyone can use (or hard standing), barns to use in the evening, an outside loo, a possible electric hook up (given a sufficient extension lead) and as much free firewood as anyone needs. A campsite in the Startford upon Avon area is going to be nothing but hassle.

  2. I will endevour to book my mates off road course (should be no problem) which is three miles down the road.

  1. My local will cater for a good Sunday roast for everyone

  2. If people wanted to stay longer I can organise another activity if enough requests, clay shooting, quad biking etc (all at extra cost)

  1. If I can sort it out, I won't ask for deposits, although if people want to make a donation that will be given to charity in their absence then they can do so. The aim is for a "pay as you go" weekend, although I will let you know ahead of time what the associated costs are.

  2. I will take a small sum (a tenner say) off everyone that arrives for my "site fee" part of this will go to buying my father lunch to say thanks for taking over his farm, the rest will be donated to Cancer Research. If anyone wanted proof that this has occured it can be arranged.

Hope this covers everything. The key to it all is keeping it simple, who turns up, turns up!

Reply to
Graham G

Hi Graham,

We're in. Jonathan's leg permitting.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve muttered summat about:

Marvelous. Martyn said he was well plastered (Jonathan not Martyn) but his spirit wasn't dampened. If you needed anything 'special' let me know and I'll see what I can do. Dates to be confirmed, sounds like it might be the end of April though to try and tie in with childrens hols. Will try and reach a concensus.

Reply to
Graham G

Just found Lee's original post, "somewhere between 18th - 23rd April". Any advance on that??

Reply to
Graham G

Sounds perfect - almost wish I had a 101.

In any event, have fun.

Reply to
William Tasso

William Tasso muttered summat about:

Don't need one, its a joint afl and 101 meet so anyone with a landy is welcome!!

Reply to
Graham G

Graham G uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Sorry, I can't make these, I've committed now to same dates elsewhere only 2 nights ago. Site I've booked I've tried to get on three times previously so had to book early. I've also booked up the summerols too in one foul swoop. I've checked if I could juggle the dates but the site aint open during my other leave.

:-(

Don't let that put any one off though, sounds like a cracking weekend in the offing.

sniff .... sniff....

How far are you from Gaydon?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

Typical!

About 5 miles

Reply to
Graham G

Where are you matey?

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Righto - can I turn up sans vehicle if I'm in the UK at the time? I'm supposed to be there late-April/early-May for a month or so and I'll try to juggle airfares to suit.

Reply to
EMB

Nige muttered summat about:

10 miles from Stratford upon Avon, 14 miles from Warwick, 12 miles from Banbury and about 5 miles from gaydon. About 4 miles from a small market town of shipston on stour.
Reply to
Graham G

EMB muttered summat about:

Can't see any reason why not...

Reply to
Graham G

but why? when it's trivial:

(for example)

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:58:46 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

Avoid the first, I'm having a birthday party.

sounds good to me. I presume we're talking sometime around Easter? Easter is silly-late this year, school breaks up here on Thursday 13th with good Friday on the 14th, then 2 weeks off running up 'til the end of the month and over into may day on the 1st.

I may not be available the weekend of 29th/30th April.

I assume a weekend is ideal, in which case, my vote would be for 22/23 April.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:21:14 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

I was about to say "what's new"...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:49:30 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

not that far from where we used to live: Rowington, between Warwick and solihull, very roughly. Used to use A.R.Taylor's Garage in Shipston-on-Stour, they used to be Reliant dealers and at the time the we had Reliants.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:16:49 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I'll have a spare seat in mind, probably. and I could bring a tent, in addition to the usual mattress in the back of Edward.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:53:01 -0000, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. do they approve of doing comp safaris in 'em?

'ere, how about this?

not a landrover, but it'd make a nice recovery vehicle:

or even one of these:

Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles muttered summat about:

That must be going back a bit! There hasn't been a franchised garage in Shipston fom many years!

Small world as they say!

Reply to
Graham G

Austin Shackles muttered summat about:

Tractors aren't a problem, do sell em y' know ;o)

Reply to
Graham G