unofficial DVD

plays fine on the computer.

now I have to find out why it doesn't on the DVD player.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Those wind-up DVD players don't support modern DVDs. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

Is is DVD-R or DVD+R?

I'm told it makes a difference, but I can't recall which way it goes.

Reply to
David G. Bell

not changed over to natural gas yet then Austin ? see if this helps at all

what you can do with the beasties rubbish - for doing wafflesthough Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:25:13 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

the machine is nearly new. I've found a hack to de-region it, will see if it works.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My expensive Pioneer won't play DVD+R discs, but my el-cheapo no-name one plays everything I've ever thrown at it (DivX included).

Reply to
EMB

I recall, sad as it may seem, it says on the centre of the disc in small print.

Lee D (Unofficially needs to get out more :0) )

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:51:34 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

bugger me, it does an' all. DVD-R. As is the 101 club DVD which plays perfectly well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Like I'd know! I nick them from work... :-)

Odd. same discs, same 'burner', same software (Pinnacle Studio Plus V9.4 for those who know about these things - which isn't me...)

I'll write you another :-)

Reply to
Mother

Yeah, I have three DVD players, two very cheapo jobbies (mind, one of them is a Pioneer) used at home and for touring the 101 club DVD around shows. The other, won't say what Beoludy overpriced make, which is very, very fussy and TBH, not anywhere as good as the 30 quid Makro Special Pioneer...

Reply to
Mother

Its a known fact that Cheap dvd players from Tesco or asda will play nearly all Dvd's (Copys, pirate. vcd) and the dearer dvd players seem to struggle..

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

On or around Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:31:58 -0000, "Adrian Ford" enlightened us thusly:

this one is a 16-quid special from eBuyer...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Should do just about everything and then some. Probably change your engine oil too.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:20:13 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

except play the DVD under discussion, not even with a new copy. summat very odd about it all. I suspect there's more to this DVD lark than we know.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah.... made under licence from Jeep, and won't play any Landrover DVD properly. :-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:20:11 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

Reply to
Austin Shackles