Unofficial Gathering question: 101s only?

Hello chaps/chapesses, is the Unofficial Gathering for 101 owners only? I sort of thought that it was, but now am not so sure, I've tended to ignore most of the posts about it as I don't have a 101. The web page on

doesn't really clarifythis point.

TIA.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

No but it would be an advantage to own a packet of marshmellows and a crate of beer.

Just an unhealthy interest in Landrovers.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Unofficial AFL gathering to be specific, the 101s are bringing the heavy stuff. Steve

Reply to
steve

Yes, I've seen the pics, can the front axles take the weight?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On 23 Mar 2006 08:28:52 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk" scribbled the following nonsense:

I'll hide that comment from SWMBO!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around 23 Mar 2006 08:28:52 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk" enlightened us thusly:

Am I meant to be bringing the industrial barbequeue?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

You might be turned away if you didn't good Sir!

We'll bring steaky burgery things for it, plus flapjacks and the makings of garlic bread. I'm hoping there'll be chocolate cake on campus, as it were.

Someone call Martyn.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:41:46 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

Let me know if you aren't

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:25:28 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

He's definitely coming, well was when I spoke to him on Tuesday!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Are you calling someone fat? :) (had to be done...)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:29:24 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

assuming I make it there, I'll bring it. Need to find time to fettle the SIII a bit though - speedo cable could do with replacing and there aren't many mirrors on it at the moment, but new ones arrived from Beamends tother day.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not many barbies have speedometers/ Or mirrors - saves you turning over the sausaages. ? Steve

Reply to
steve

Well you lot have answered that one for me. Anyone is welcome. Indeed I think a couple of my mates locally with landies might be coming too. More the merrier really.

Austin; would be helpful if you could but not essential if you can't bring the bbq as I'm pretty sure we'd find one easily enough. Either way let me know in due course.

Reply to
Graham G

On or around 24 Mar 2006 00:53:25 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk" enlightened us thusly:

ho ho. Anyway, done 'em this morning. Mind, flat mirrors, wot are a pain IMHO. I wonder if Beamends Richard has any convex ones? Mind, same mirrors as the local tractor lot can supply, so I could get 'em there if necessary.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:16:27 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

If I'm coming I'll bring it. You got an Oxygen bottle for welding by any chance? 's fun having such available to make for high-speed barbie-lighting. If not, I could maybe fit that in as well :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I've just remembered an urgent dental appointment in the far North of Scotland that weekend...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:27:55 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Oh, ye of little faith.

I was planning on using a regulator... Bit of oh-two don't half crank the charcoal up to speed in a convincing manner though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cutting torch do??

I'm sure we can find something!!

Reply to
Graham G

On or around Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:31:48 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

I just use the welding torch to light it and then turn the gas off and feed oxy into the air intake of the barbie. so yeah, a cutting torch is equally good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

No, it's me of distant memories of skool chemistry lessons.

I'll take your word for it. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman