UNOFFICIAL INFO

(Thanks Martyn!!)

Reply to
Graham G

Hmm, if that's the iterary then chances are I won't be able to come along meaningfully, as I wouldn't arrive until past lunchtime on Sunday, you'll all be off home by then! I'll see what happens. Make sure you post lots of pics and videos at least!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well its a rough itinery. My guess is that no-one will get going much before about 3 or 4 pm. Easiest thing for you is to take someones number and phone through when you have a better idea.

Reply to
Graham G

On or around Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:48:13 +0100, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

"Sensible shoes must be worn (not sandals) for health and safety."

bah. When I work in sandals, I'm bloody careful not to drop stuff on me feet. This is actually a much better approach to H&S than the volvo-style "doesn't matter" of knowing that you're wearing toecappers and not being bothered about what you drop...

I guess I'll bring me toecap boots as well, then.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah, complete bollocks IMO (I only wear real shoes three times each month. I even wear sandals in Court).

This has always been my argument. The only time I don't wear sandals is when trying to weld or happen to be using corrosives. Anything else - I'm over conscious of how exposed mi toes is - and keep a degree of vigilance.

and I will be bringing my Dickies steel toe trainers :-(

Reply to
Mother

I weld in sandals too. That "keeps you on your toes"....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Bet you wear socks though, c'mon Nige, be honest... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:34:41 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

well 'ard, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Indeed - mind, Ian could set off early maybe and p'raps manage at least one night?

On another slightly related matter - who is going to bring the 10K sound system with bass to rearrange internal organs?

Reply to
Mother

Pressures of work and personal time mean that I can't leave before Sunday morning, however I suspect that the Pinz won't be ready before then, as there are two short weeks in the way and I need to get it MOTed and DVLA need to issue me with a registration plate. I suspect the last part of that could take some time.

I'll see how things go but I reckon it'll have to be next time.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Mother" > toecappers and not being bothered about what you drop...

Sorry guys, their rules not mine. To be fair to them, it may be as much about hygene as anything, they do make things for human consumption. Besides, I've been round before and the steps are bloody steep so I guess its to help reduce the risk of getting wrong footed. Either way, we should respect their wishes, they are doing a tour on a Sunday especially for us (they usually don't do them on Sundays).

Reply to
Graham G

Moved above to here, so that others may follow the thread...

If folk want power in the field then bring either extension leads or generators. Some sort of external lighting if we plan to sit in field. Food Beer Wine Something to sit on Fuel for bbq/s Food Barn has leccie...not a problem, hasn't a flat wall so a screen may be needed. Beer Shower cubicle?? Food Paint Brush (need 101 painting )

To be honest there isn't much that is needed, most things have been covered I think.

Reply to
Graham G

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:42:48 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

hadn't thought about that bit. Still, mine don't normally comoe out until May

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Kleva Klogs... (Oh, it's Ian who ha the gloggs...)

PLEASE - no 'loud' generators! I can bring my little 1KVA 'silent' Honda - which'll do Austins light. How far away from the barn are we Graham? I also have shedloads of various RCD Xtn leads - including a weatherproff one. I don't like (or recommend) linking one XTN to another though - for basic safety reasons - and my 200M drum lead will not fit in Grumble! :-)

Screen sorted

I thought you said there was a hot-tub spa-bath on site???

Cool. So, catering is basically 'sort yourself out, but bring stuff to chuck on the BBQ for Saturday night. BBQs will be provided for you to chuck food onto" Can I also say that Austin and Simon are two of the most superb BBQ chefs I know :-)

Now, what about the SOUND SYSTEM?

Reply to
Mother

I've no real problem with this at all - not that this'll stop me whinging lots - but I should also add that as I so very rarely wear 'proper' footwear, am more likely to fall over / down whilst wearing anything other than sandals. :-)

Reply to
Mother

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:48:13 +0100, "Graham G" scribbled the following nonsense:

To keep the women folk happy, swmbo intends bringing her facial stuff to give them something to yawp about while we talk Landrovers.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Wouldn't disagree with that plea...

How far away from the barn are we

Depends, but not less than 20yds, but not more than 100yds at best guess. Distance is less of an issue, than number of plugs available, don't want to overload the wiring. Probably wouldn't want more than 6 hook ups really, although I'll play it by ear a bit.

Ta!

...there's a water trough...

Spot on

hmmmm

Reply to
Graham G

beans/curry/undercooked BBQ on friday night and then a few drinks on saturday night and youve got a jacuzzi sorted :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Please please add the rest of the outfit.. I've an image stuck in my head now. Have you noticed your balls are welded too?

;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D wrote: Have you noticed your balls are welded too?

Mind your own damned business....

Steve

Reply to
Steve