unofficial possibilities.

This place

good. Anyone been there? meanwhile ISTR this was mentioned before, sounds good but it's a long way from everyone except Rich Brookman :-)

Austin Shackles

...and you have to use their instructors ??? I think not.

Steve

Reply to
steve

No, don't think so. When I first approached Jumbo a couple of years back that's what he said (thinking of insurance and liability issues, I would think), but when I said we were all mature, sensible guys* he relented and offered us a field to camp in and full use of the site - and it is a cracker. I have trialled there many times, and it ranges from moderately shiny-friendly tracks to hardcore class 5 ballbreakers and everything in between. DAve R knows the site well, too. We could have the use of a field to camp in, but no facilities. He'd probably provide a portaloo at cost, I'd guess.

It's probably too far for most folk, though. West Wales is a long way from anywhere, and Wood Park is a bastard to find even when you know the area :-) Martyn would take a month getting there via Aberystwyth.

  • Then I said "like me" and he changed his mind again :-)
Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:02:59 +0100, steve enlightened us thusly:

depends how it's done. PORC used to have an "instructor" in each group. Mostly, said instructor would jsut point out the most impressive mudholes. They did do a bit more when it came to the "steep downhill" slope for beginners - stopped at the top of the slope and a quick check that you knew what you were doing and were in a sensible gear and weren't going to try standing on brake and clutch.

I was there once in the auto 110. "Don't touch the clutch" said he. "I'd have a job, it's an auto" :-)

on another occasion, we were following the "instructor" in a G3 rangie P38, he motored off across a decidedly iffy-looking bit of terrain. "Sod that" I thought, "that looks like a swamp", and drove around on the track. Sure enough, he proceded to get seriously stuck, much to everyone else's amusement (and, to be fair, his) and had to be towed out.

shame that site has gone. 500-odd acres of varied terrain, with a couple of play areas with carved out holes and lumps to play on/in

ultra adventure sounds good though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Its worth the drive for the company and enjoyment.

BTW Lizzy and I are down your way from Tuesday this week

Steve

Reply to
steve

Solva? Pint?

Reply to
Rich B

In the tone of this thread "Aye lad"

Steve

Reply to
steve

Dates?

Reply to
Nige

If the plan is to first find a pay/play then fix up a weekend around tha= t =

.... could do worse that look here:

?y=3D2008&m=3D10 I'm sure there are other listings - these leapt out of $search-engine

Reply to
William Tasso

Husbands bosworth at the end of Sept looks good?? Pretty central in the UK

Reply to
Nige

We can do the last weekend in Sept if that suits others. :-)

Don't you just love shifts!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

We can do whenever...

Ive been up to my neck in shit at work recenetly and not had time ot sort anything out.

me and bec would like to come... were on holiday the weekend in spet.... :(

28th to the 5th.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Champion. Send us one of yon electrickery letter things. Ah'll sithi theer.

Reply to
Rich B

Can you do Peterbro weekend?

I have a cunning plan! ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Whens that?

Reply to
Nige

On or around Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:39:39 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I was down at Internal fire, I note the end-of-season crank-up is October the 12th. It's well worth going there on the crank-up days, you get visiting engines and anything on-site that will run gets run, even things that are not officially running, if they'll start...

The other thing I want to go to there sometime there is the night-time thing they do sometimes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Can do the saturday, but not the Sunday.

Another group im in (Northants4x4) has hired out Cranford Quary for the day on the Sunday - If you were in Peterborough, you'd be more than welcome to come there on the Sunday to play :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

14 and 14 September.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

yes

stunning :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Lets get summat sorrted for last weekend in September?

Reply to
Nige