Unused 110 petrol tank free to good home...

The story:

It's new, it's in black primer, it's not rusty, and I keep tripping over it in the outhouse. It has to go, either to someone who can make use of it, or to the dump.

It's in fine fettle save for one thing: the breather pipe fitting (on top in line with the big filler pipe) is missing - there's just a hole. I don't know if this is normal or faulty (Marge* is a diesel, you see). Anyone with a suitable bit of pipe and a MIG** could fix the tank in seconds, assuming it needs fixing in the first place.

Why do I have this (for me) white elephant? eBay, of course. It serves me right, really, but it WAS a bargain (honest, dear)!

Given the price of these things even as pattern parts (this one's genuine Land Rover), it has to be worth coming to get it. Since it's only the breather tube that's missing, even a plumbing elbow ought to do it.

So please, don't let this wonderful opportunity pass you by. Maybe you THINK you don't need a tank right now? Some day you really will - you own a Land Rover. That dreadful day will surely come when you smell that smell and see the drip-drip from an all too obvious place.

OK, perhaps you (only) have a Rangie? Chilvary is not yet dead! You could even be the person who screeches to a halt and jumps out (clad in cape and tights or shining armour, your choice), just in time to say "STOP! don't do it, _I_ can fix that!" to the beautiful blonde**** damsel standing in an ever-widening low-octane puddle beside the road, fumbling through her tears with cigarettes & lighter***.

See - World Peace and rust-free door bottoms are merely the next logical step. You know YOU need this tank!

So drop me an email (un-mung the one in my sig). Then I won't be in the doghouse for filling up the outhouse with, er, petrol tank.

You know it makes sense. Sort of.

Regards,

Simonm.

*The children still want to call her "Madonna" (because she can't sing), but 'Marge'(Simpson) is just right because of her colour, a sort of off-wan.

**Not that sort of Mig, although I'll concede there probably wouldn't be a problem afterwards!

***I appreciate that if you're a girl reading this it may not have the same appeal, but hey! It's a free fuel tank after all.

****She could just as well have been brunette. I wasn't meaning to imply...

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig