V belt layout

I would like to add on board air to my 3.5 V8 Defender. Have managed to acquire air con compressor and mounting bracket and alternator and mounting bracket from a 3.5 V8 Range Rover. What I really need is a diagram or photo showing the layout of these components to ensure correct alignment. Can any one help?

Regards

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

On mine, the air con compressor was driven from the rear pulley on the fan/water pump

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Try

Wafty

I wouldn't have thought a serpentine belt counts as a 'V-belt' (not in my book anyway).

Have you tried going down to the local LR dealer and seeing if they can bring it up on the parts system. If you ask them nicely they can usually print off the diagram. Once you know what belts go to what pulleys then that dictates your alignment.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Agreed I am looking at V belts here not the serpentine type.

Thanks for responses to date.

Gerald

Reply to
Idris