V6 ford as an alternative to a transit diesel ??

Hi i have a 110 with a lt77 box with a transit diesel currently installed now i have 2 questions

1: I have a rover v8 sat on the floor here will that bolt directly to the lt77 ?? or 2: could i fit a ford v6 a la sierra using the transit adaptor plate ??

i must do one or the other before i take a sledge hammer to the diesel which would be far more entertaining than than driving the kin thing :)

Cheers

Reply to
Shayne

On or around Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:26:48 GMT, "Shayne" enlightened us thusly:

the V6 might fit the ford adaptor or it might not. In the sierra, the V6 gearboxes have a longer input shaft.

the V8 should fit with the LT77, provided you have the right bellhousing and clutch, which should be readily available.

has the advantage, if it's a 3.5, of being a standard engine for the 110, which can make insurance easier.

V8 might eat the output shaft of the LT77 quicker, so check up on that - separate the transfer box and gearbox and examine the splines for wear.

Unless of course you know that the transfer box already has the cross-drrilled gear mod.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks thats given me plenty to think about ta

Reply to
Shayne