V8 electrical problem

Trouble with my 110's electrics.

When I turn on the ignition key only occasionally do I get the ignition lights. When they do appear & I try to start the engine all I get is a buzzing sound rather like a relay playing tricks & then the ignition lights go out. No other electrical item will work either [lights, the lot except the radio!] If I try any other electrical item once I've got the ignition lights to show, all that happens is that the ignition lights go out. The battery's brand new & showing charge & the fuses in front of the gear lever are all o.k.

Bad earth somewhere? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance,

Kevin.

1990 110 V8 SW.
Reply to
Kevin W

Check the power (battery) connections at the starter motor.

Silas

"Kevin W" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@demeter.uk.clara.net

All over the place I would guess.

Yeah, give it the aghasee treatment; rip out *all* the electrics and replace with new, custom made. No problems anymore.

Reply to
aghasee

The radio is probably on it's own seperate connection to the battery.

Check the battery terminals and then the connection to the solenoid on the starter.

My money's on it being a loose, corroded or dirty connection on the starter solenoid.

Reply to
PDannyD

It could be that the switch in the end of the column lock is breaking up.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd