V8 exhaust manifold

Just taken off the manifolds on 3.5 carb defender because they were both blowing. On examination the littlle silver gaskets are not quite big enough and dont quite cover the port, anyone know if there is more that one type/size of gasket. Dont know what brand of tubular manifold it has been fitted with.

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:10:01 +0100, "Idris" scribbled the following nonsense:

it is actually possible to get them the wrong round/ upside down, so just double check!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yep my money is on the wrong way round too.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I dont think they are the wrong way round, now that the manifolds are on the bench have checked every orientation possible, the problem appears to be that the bolt holes are so large that the gaskets can be far enough out of alignment not to cover the port.

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

On or around Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:10:01 +0100, "Idris" enlightened us thusly:

ah, now. tubular thingies are different. standard cast iron ones don't have gaskets at all...

mind, neither does the transit TDi, it has sealer and mine's blowing, so it needs taking off and re-sealing, which on a turbo one is a PITA.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

ERR6733 Exhaust Manifold Gasket - V8 ('Double' Type)

May help?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Idris uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well get them from Richard (Beamends below \/ ) The gasket I fitted were so tight on the bolt there was no doubting you had the bolt / gasket in the right place.. assuming the gasket is the right way up / around as already mentioned. I'm assuming you mean bolt holes in the gasket?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Fitted double type as suggested and supplied by Richard, seems to have worked, initially at least.

Thanks Richard

Gerald

Reply to
Idris