Valuation advice - 2nd try ;-)

Hi guys, the time has come to sell our 110 and I haven't a clue what to price it at... Basically it's a Defender 110 County, 300Tdi, 103k miles, recon. Gearbox & transfer box, lots of work done, very clean chassis, good interior, full rack/ladder/bullbar/lights/chequerplate/blah blah... Any ideas what it's worth, and the best place to advertise (eBay?). Oh, & it's White. TIA, David.

Reply to
DNS

You'll have to work out what the base vehicle is worth. Then decide how much you would want to pay for all the toys - bear in mind that to a lot of family oriented potential owners the accessories may well devalue the vehicle, rather than enhance it.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Nearest I can find is on Auto Trader, G-Reg similar spec for £2900. Parkers/WhatCar etc. don't list it in their valuation tables.

Andrew Cooke

I'm a cretin!

I forgot to say that it's a 1995 on an M plate...

TIA, David ~

Reply to
DNS

That's really my question ;-)

Reply to
DNS

Not really a good time of year for selling as most will be bracing themselves for Christmas. Only positive will be the belt and braces "What if we have a hard winter" bunch who may help prop up prices.

Do your research, follow Auto trader ads, ebay sales and your local nearest no franchised forecourt. Expect something between the Forecourt and the Ebay sales price if you try selling private and prepare to haggle. Last time I sold a vehicle privately I did it through Autotrader, uploaded my own photo (take a good one on a bright day, car clean and nice angle and as close up as you can fit in the shot - makes all the difference) and it sold before the paper rag was printed. The on line adverts being pretty instantaneous, and you are hitting people who are specifially searching (initally) for a car like yours rather than tyre kicking air suckers, so you can be a little more ridged when they rush around and try to beat the price down.

Just my observations anyway.

Good luck!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Have a look at:

and you'll see they sold a similar one last week for £5500, which they say is 50% over "CAP Clean" for its mileage (88k). (i.e. CAP Clean for a car of the same miles is around 3700) "CAP Clean" is actually quite a high standard - fsh, for instance. But a 110tdi hard top, 97R, 83k, one owner, only fetched £4000, and a low mileage 96 P pickup fetched £3300.

Discos are getting cheaper: they sold two at £1000 each (one with a good ticket) and a 95M 300tdi auto for £1800

thinks: shall I compromise my principles and the ability to open the back door and buy a Disco? There aren't many half-decent diesel auto Rangeys about.

Reply to
Autolycus