value of 1987 V8 90 CSW with rotten bulkhead?

Hello, I've been offered a 1987 V8 90 CSW with rotten bulkhead, no idea of condition of other parts etc. What would be a reasonable offer? I don't really need it, but would be handy as a spares donor for my 110 V8 of same vintage.

I can only justify =A3100 to my other half...

Cheers,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Think you've answered yourself ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I can only justify £100 to my other half...

------------------

In the current financial climate I believe that they're worth a hell of a lot more than that as scrap.

Reply to
William Black

That's true! I never thought of that. Although where we live it would cost more than it's worth to get it to the scrappy.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

yep, I think you're right... just seems an insultingly low figure.

Reply to
Andrew T.

These days the scrappy may well come to you... Won't get so many readies in your pocket that way though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've just been to see the LR. Bulkhead is exceedingly sieve like, I've never seen one as bad as that. Chassis also on its way out. Engine a bit rattly, gbox unknown, no brakes. 4 good BFG's on RR steel wheels, stainless exhaust (of course won't fit my 110) and a weber 4 pot carb stuck on top (with special manifold). Anyone know much about these carbs? good, bad or otherwise. At this moment I'm thinking of giving it a miss.

Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

On 7 Oct, 15:17, "Andrew T." wrote: I've just been to see the LR. Bulkhead is exceedingly sieve like, I've never seen one as bad as that. Chassis also on its way out. Engine a bit rattly, gbox unknown, no brakes. 4 good BFG's on RR steel wheels, stainless exhaust (of course won't fit my 110) and a weber 4 pot carb stuck on top (with special manifold). Anyone know much about these carbs? good, bad or otherwise. At this moment I'm thinking of giving it a miss.

Cheers, Andrew

Sorry, should have changed the subject

Reply to
Andrew T.

Whereabouts is it? We want something old and shagged (read very, very cheap) for the kids to learn spannering on ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hi Paul, It's about 1.5hrs west of Fort William, as the owner said, if he lived anywhere else he'd be able to get rid of it easily. I offered him 100 last night, I'm waiting for a response.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Hi Paul, It's about 1.5hrs west of Fort William, as the owner said, if he lived anywhere else he'd be able to get rid of it easily. I offered him 100 last night, I'm waiting for a response.

Andrew

Not surprised it`s rotten , it`s in the sea !

Reply to
h HOWE

Not quite.., there's another 1/2 hour drive if you want! (to the most westerly point on the mainland - Ardnamurchan point) postcode is PH36 4J if you want to take a look on google maps.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

If it's the Webber 500 carb (definitely a 4-barrel and not an old capri twin-choke!) then it's a very good carb. Easy to set-up, stays in tune, gives a very slight increase in bhp over twin SU's or Strombergs but it will drink a bit more fuel than Strombergs. Nice intake roar though, and a fairly good design of inlet manifold if considering any future upgrades to camshaft profile or even a swap to a 3.9. It's normally badged as an Edelbrock/Webber (a copy of an older Carter design) and the manifold will be an Edelbrock. Worth buying just for the carb and manifold at the sort of money you're talking, they'd have cost around £4-500 new. Infinitely better than a blooming Holley - that carb is no more refined than a bucket with 4 holes drilled in it! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks Badger that's good to hear, I'm still waiting to hear if he'll accept my offer. If so then I'll definitely fit the carb, after checking exactly what it is, then I may pay you a visit to get it set up correctly.

Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

It must be in the sea - MultiMap does not recognise the code

Alan

Reply to
Roberts

I left off the last letter to avoid pinpointing the location, it works in google maps.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Went straight to it in Google earth ... middle of a small lake ... ;) The PostCode isn't complete ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx